NA - Revoked Drivers license - sunnydunny!
Shortly after applying to the DVLA to change my DL address, I received a letter from the DVLA saying that my driving license was revoked in 18/8/2007!

They say this was because I did not surrender my DL for points endorsement. But I DID.!

Because I was a new driver they must have added 3 points on top of the three points for running a red light ( caught in traffic in the middle of the junction). This then triggered a revocation of my DL, under the new drivers act.

The thing is that I have got a copy of my DL with the points endorsed on the paper copy!!! So this is a mistake, but I have been driving for 5 years, and have clocked over 100,000 miles up and down the M6 & M1, I must have triggered hundereds of ANPR cameras so why have I never been pulled?

In 2010 I was stopped for mistakenly running a running a temporary (road works) set of traffic lights on red, the traffic police checked my credentials out via the ANPR system and It I checked out as being fully legal. I was let off with a warning because I was so polite & apologetic.

The DVLA have sent me a letter saying I can recover my DL by making an application for a renewal, now I take this to mean than I can apply for a provisional license and re-take my test for a full DL.

Please can anyone advise me on this dead-full mess I am in?
NA - Revoked Drivers license - RT

Firstly, don't drive until you get it sorted - now you've been made aware of the situation the courts would have no compassion for carrying on driving.

Give DVLA all the details you have, including copies of any documentation from the time, to see if you can sort it out.

Give yourself a damn good talking to about traffic lights and what each of the colours mean - red or amber mean stop - you've created your grief by not remembering that!

I wont be driving again untill this is sorted, thats obvious!

Secondly I have only had two driving hicupps in 7 years of drivng and Ive never had a bump, I am a good drivier but becasue I drive long distances the law of averages means even the most advanced driver will in seven years make plenty of mistakes.

Thanks for the reply

Ads

NA - Revoked Drivers license - skidpan

I have been driving 38 years and have never run a red light, caught twice in 7 years demontrates to me that you are careless in this respect, how many have you run and not been caught.

If you are driving long distances you don't see that many lights on motorways.

What complete and utter rubbish, you’re expecting everyone to believe that in 38 years, that’s potentially 13,870 days of driving you have never accidentally gone through a traffic light just after it turned to red!

It's not only that your are claiming to have remembered every single day you have driven a car, your ludicrous claim is ridiculous in that it is almost statistically impossible, in the same way that a claim to never having exceeded the speed limit in 38 years is statistically impossible.

Have you any other wild claims to make, is Elvis still alive on your planet!

NA - Revoked Drivers license - skidpan

What complete and utter rubbish, you’re expecting everyone to believe that in 38 years, that’s potentially 13,870 days of driving you have never accidentally gone through a traffic light just after it turned to red!

It's not only that your are claiming to have remembered every single day you have driven a car, your ludicrous claim is ridiculous in that it is almost statistically impossible, in the same way that a claim to never having exceeded the speed limit in 38 years is statistically impossible.

Have you any other wild claims to make, is Elvis still alive on your planet!

Believe what you like but I repeat "in 38 years I have never gone through a red light". Going through red lights is totally stupid, I would never do it. I approach at a speed that enables me to react to the lights should they change observing them contantly. Only yesterday morning I stopped at a red light and the cars on either side continued through it. They had more time to stop than me since they we behind me as we approached.

Complete idiots.

Yes I have exceeded speed limits, we all do but that is not playing Russian Roulete which going through reds is.

You attitude is worthy of requiring driver retraining. You ask for advice and you get it but clearly only want to hear that you are in the right and are OK to carry on driving.

NA - Revoked Drivers license - Bromptonaut

DELETED - can the 'qoute previous ' facility on this site be made a little more intuitive?

Edited by Bromptonaut on 19/07/2012 at 10:41

I am a good driver but because I drive long distances the law of averages means even the most advanced driver will in seven years make plenty of mistakes.

Many drivers that cover high mileages would dispute that - but the whole point about good drivers is to learn from their mistakes - you don't seem to learn or have any wish to - calling potentially fatal mistakes like running red lights as statistically expected just isn't acceptable.

Edited by RT on 18/07/2012 at 19:07

Yes you’re quite right and I agree with your argument many drivers might think that and then again many might not.

Everybody has opinions and is entitled to think what they want.

We all make mistakes and accidents happen, All vehicles when driven at 20 mph and above are all potentially killing machines no matter how carefully driven, mistakes can happen and lives can be lost, don’t lecture from your ivory tower, just because I'm honest enough to admit my faults.

I came on this site to ask advise from experienced drivers regarding my predicament that was brought about by my own short comings as a new driver, it appears that there a small minority of smug, self important, smart a***s that browse these forums, who’s only aim is to make sarcastic remarks’ and sit in judgment.

NA - Revoked Drivers license - focussed

Elvis is unfortunately not with us any more-and you are strictly speaking driving illegally and uninsured by not being the holder of a full licence when you presumably have told your insurance company that you were the holder of a full licence. That's not just an opinion,or being smug, or being self important, that's the law-think about the implications, car impounded, fines,more points etc. You don't seem to have any other option but to go back to L-plates and take your test again unfortunately.

THANKYOU. the first bit of advise arrives! I haven’t put the keys in the ignition since reviewing the letter. One of my OPs manager’s is driving me to and from work everyday.

I spoke to DVLA, nice people from Wales. I must renew my driving licence and free of charge too, and it will be replaced with a full licence.

I will not be counting my proverbial chickens till I see my new full licence.

I rather like having a chauffeur, maybe I keep quite for a few weeks after my new licence turns up.

Thank you again for the advice.

P.S. Elvis is in my dining room in his smoking jacket drinking earl grey

Yes you’re quite right and I agree with your argument many drivers might think that and then again many might not.

Everybody has opinions and is entitled to think what they want.

We all make mistakes and accidents happen, All vehicles when driven at 20 mph and above are all potentially killing machines no matter how carefully driven, mistakes can happen and lives can be lost, don’t lecture from your ivory tower, just because I'm honest enough to admit my faults.

I came on this site to ask advise from experienced drivers regarding my predicament that was brought about by my own short comings as a new driver, it appears that there a small minority of smug, self important, smart a***s that browse these forums, who’s only aim is to make sarcastic remarks’ and sit in judgment.

That's because your attitude to driving comes over in your posting.

Fair enough, I cant argue with logic