Vectra 2.2i Design 2007 - Timing Chain issues after accident - Dmask

I have recently had my car repaired after a relatively minor side impact accident. On colledction from the repair garage the car had difficulty stqarting and has lost power. It is now be repaired at a Vauxhall garage who tell me that they suspect the timing chain has slipped. The car has done 52,000 miles. The question is, is this wear and tear or has this happened as a result of the side impact? There were no signs of this problem before the accident. Is it possible that the chain tensioner could have moved as a result of the impact allowing the chain to slip? Has anyone come across this before?

Vectra 2.2i Design 2007 - Timing Chain issues after accident - Simon
Isn't timing chain wear/problems a known fault of this engine regardless?
Vectra 2.2i Design 2007 - Timing Chain issues after accident - laldog
There is a small possibility but it depends on where the impact occurred and under what circumstance.
If the wheel was hit and it "shocked" through the transmission then it could in theory have an effect on the belt/chain of a vehicle.

This should have been picked up on when you collected the car though and reported straight away then it could have been investigated,on saying that there is an issue with the tensioner on some of these engines so it all depends on what the repairing garage actually found.