ford focus tdci - turbo - keykey

just been reading on here about turbo problems on 1.6 tdci ,my son has on one of these and had two turbos go, one only done 25 miles and disintegrated, was fitted by a reputable garage, but they didnt want to know, so i did some research on the subject and found that when you disconnect the oil feed pipe to the turbo and crank the engine over for ten secs it should put out something like 300mls of oil, it was only putting out one third of what it should, so i removed the lower banjo bolt on the oil supply pipe drilled out the wire gauze in it and repeated the test, it put out gallons of oil, car has now done around 15,000 and is fine now, hope this helps someone.

ford focus tdci - turbo - Joske

Injection Doc - Just got problems with my 2008 Ford Focus loosing power. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email the information to me too. My email is jhp.diederen (at) gmail (dot) com

many thanks

ford focus tdci - turbo - davidrey

Hi

Could you send me on technical service bulletin on replacements of turbo. My email is davidreynoldshaf@gmail.com

My car is Focus 2008 1.6

Major major turbo problems with it.

Thanks

ford focus tdci - turbo - mahonm

Hi David just wondering if you ever got the tsb on replacment turbo? I have just bought a ford focus and would like to take preventive action!

If possible could you email it to me at michaelpjmahon@gmail.com

Any help much appreciated

Mick

ford focus tdci - turbo - injection doc

The "reputable garage" isnt so reputable if it fits a turbo without fitting a new banjo filter ! Infact on a 1.6TDCi the Sump Must be removed and cleaned ! The vacum pump Must be removed and the gauze filter cleaned & the supply pipe must be cleaned along with return.

The rocker cover must be removed and the injector seals checked for combustion leaks, if carbon built up around the base of the injector the seal is leaking and the carbon causes the blockage of the oil supply and turbo failure. Mostly number 3 injector.

if you post your e-mail I will forward the recommened procedure for fitting a replacement turbo for which I would expect your reputable garage did none off ! I would take up the matter with the fitting garage to decline a warranty after 25 miles ! bad bad bad

ford focus tdci - turbo - robjerry

I have just gone in for my yearly service and have been told the turbo pipe has split. Any idea where i can get this from? I have tried numerous searches online and all seems futile.

Please anyone in the Birmingham area to help. Please rspond to dola15us(at) yahoo dot com

ford focus tdci - turbo - grimep

I have just gone in for my yearly service and have been told the turbo pipe has split. Any idea where i can get this from? I have tried numerous searches online and all seems futile.

Please anyone in the Birmingham area to help. Please rspond to dola15us(at) yahoo dot com

If you mean the long metal pipe that runs from the turbo to the intercooler, its a known weak spot. Only available from Ford AFAIK.

ford focus tdci - turbo - Carengr

Hi Injection Doc
My son-in-law has just had the turbo of his C-Max TDCi changed - for ther first time -but the symptoms taste much like those that were discussed since 2010 (or 2011 onwards). It all started with the diesel odour inside the car some 1,5 years ago - obeviously because of leaking injector seal. Dealer wanted to replace all tubing, none is separately available in Finland as spare part. Without this they succeeded getting it tight and everything was fine until January as the odour was back.

The dealer located the problem to EGR valve this time and when changing this they also noticed the turbo being broken: the banjo bringing the oil was externally OK as was the metal wire sock on the tube, but the rubber tube inside the wire sock was "folded" and could not let oil through. This is what was told after the repair. All-in-all, the bill ended in 3050 EUR, much too much for their family. EGR valve was replaced, oil and filter changed, injector seals replaced (?) and turbo replaced.

Could you provide me with that Ford's Service Bulletin, which was referred to in your mails earlier, thanks. If there is some new info of Ford participating to the costs or having changed their policy to a customer-friendly direction, please let me know, too.

Best regards

veekorhonen@gmail.com

ford focus tdci - turbo - lyndag23

hi ive been having turbo trouble and just about to get it replaced for the first time could you send me the turbo fitting instructions so that i can make sure its the last time aswell thanks

ford focus tdci - turbo - lyndag23

my email is lyndag23@hotmail.com

The Haynes manual recommends removing the gauze filter from the banjo bolt if you are replacing it, but I asked a Ford technician and he reckons it should stay on. I haven't seen any Ford TSBs that recommend removing it either.

ford focus tdci - turbo - Roy G.

i am joining the club about turbo,mine is leaking oil in the turbo,i think it needs replacing,can you please send me a ford sevice bulletin about tubo and injector seal changing,thanks very much. my email lumberjack1805@yahoo.com

if you are seeing oil inside the turbo air inlet, the likelihood is this has come via the engine breather system, and along the pipe that vents the breather system to the air intake pipe, between air filter and turbo. If that is the case then there's nothing to worry about, its normal for this engine, just give it a wipe. while the pipe is off you can feel whether the turbo impellor is loose or not....

ford focus tdci - turbo - xleo

Me too ! If I could get a copy of the bulletin I'd be eternally grateful. xleo_hotmail dot co dot uk . Thanks in advance

ford focus tdci - turbo - Geoff31

Hello, could you please post me the ford bulletin gcmf@fsmail.net - I have been told that the turbo is broken and need a new one but if they fix it, there may still be problems with the engine and cannot guarantee it will work.

Is there a way that they can inspect the sump and engine and detect problems before fitting the turbo? And what is the likelihood that it will work once the new turbo is fitted? I am very weary as to whether I will be throwing away good money but at the same time realise that I will not be covered for mechanical breakdown on my insurance.

How much realistically should I be paying for the turbo replacement? The car itself is worth £2k. I am wondering if it is worth fixing or cutting my losses, in which case is there a way I can sell the car with the problems rather than just scrapping it.

I would appreciate the bulletin and any advice. Many thanks.

Geoff

ford focus tdci - turbo - Avant

It was our contributor Injection Doc who offered this, but it was over a year ago. If he sees this, he can tell us whether it's still possible to get this information.

ford focus tdci - turbo - injection doc

May be best to merge this thread with this one ?

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=91541

ford focus tdci - turbo - Avant

The software doesn't have the facility to merge threads, but thanks very much for the link.