Volvo C30 - Volvo C30 61plate acceleration issues - JustAddWater
Please help.
I purchased a 6 month old Volvo C30 with the new style engine from a local Volvo dealer in March 2012. I returned the car within three weeks due to intermittent acceleration issues. Over boost, halt over boost, flat or overly lively.. What will happen you never quite know. It has been back 8 times now for reca librations and software updates and since involvement of Volvo Cars Uk has had new clutch and drive shaft.... Still there remains intemittent acceleration issues... I'm shattered. So unpleasant to drive. I gave local dealer till end May to resolve the issues. Issues still not resolved and I have requested full refund. Local dealer denies that there has ever been anything wrong with the vehicle. Their chief tech and other very experienced and competent drivers like myself have tried it for me and they are disgusted with its behaviour. I have seen feeds on various forums that express the same experiences to detail with their own 61 plate c30's...what to do?..need a resolution...any help most great fully received.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Volvo C30 - Volvo C30 61plate acceleration issues - oldroverboy

Ask to speak to David Baddeley, volvo customer service director in Marlow, close to high wycombe, or if you are near by go and see them. the direct pnone number 01628 is available if you google it. Put your points to him and ask them to take the car back for a while, giving you a courtesy car, and say you would be happy to accept an alternate vehicle of their choice, also say you have contacted hj and do just that.

Edited by OldRoverboy on 04/07/2012 at 21:02

Thank you, will contact them.
01628 422522 for any one else out there who may need the number
Volvo C30 - Volvo C30 61plate acceleration issues - craig-pd130

Which engine is it? The 1.6 or 2.0 D?

It is the new generation 1.6 diesal engine ..the 2012 version.
Volvo C30 - Volvo C30 61plate acceleration issues - craig-pd130

According to the UK Volvo forum, there was a software update in January that should fix surging / intermittent acceleration, evidently it hasn't worked for you. Hope you get it sorted.

According to the UK Volvo forum, there was a software update in January that should fix surging / intermittent acceleration, evidently it hasn't worked for you. Hope you get it sorted.

I am awaiting a read out of exact updates that have been applied etc.. But yes so far so not good.

I am awaiting a read out of exact updates that have been applied etc.. But yes so far so not good.