Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - Residesinsurrey

I have an opportunity to buy either as they are both within my budget and the Diesel is £50 more than the petrol . On average I will be doing 30 miles a day (not motorway).

They are both 2002 models and manual

Look forward to hearing your thoughts .

Thanks

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - Oli rag

Buy the petrol one, you don't do enough mileage to warrant a diesel.

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - unthrottled

If they are the same price, I'd opt for diesel. The diesel engine will have more grunt than the petrol-and get better mileage. No DPF concerns either. The petrol will of course be smoother and more flexible. Which do you prefer?

Which ever one you decide to buy make sure it has air con, as they have a lot of glass and get hot in the summer (laughs).

You should be able to find a 2004 model for your £2000 budget, there are a few on autotrader.

Many Thanks for your opinions All !!!!
hi unthrottled I dont mind either so far as it can get A to Z and economical with fuel .
Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - Big John

Are they the same age/condition

Most Diesels of this age were bought to do a high mileage, if it a low mileage - be suspicious.

The mileage for the diesel is 137000 and comes with full service history and has had 2 previous owners .

The petrol is 106000 miles and comes with part service history and 2 previous owners

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - skidpan

Looked at them about 10 years ago, dad had an Almera at the time that was totally reliable and nice to drive thus we thought one of these may be just the thing.

The petrol would not pull the skin off a rice pudding and the diesel was unrefined to the point of pain, not very economical either.

Bought a Mondeo, much better to drive for the same or less money.

The mileage for the diesel is 137000 and comes with full service history and has had 2 previous owners .

The petrol is 106000 miles and comes with part service history and 2 previous owners

Don't buy either of them, there are better ones on autotrader with much lower mileages and full service histories.

Look elsewhere!

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - bear807
I think you should avoid buying any Nissan tino, based on my pass experience, my mum has a 12 years old Mitsubishi space runner, which is quite rare in the country, it has done 100000 miles already, everything is fine only the exhaust gone rusty. It has since got sorn for a year, because is not economical to repair. I would say if you were to buy, get some more commons model.

Edited by bear807 on 09/07/2012 at 15:11

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - madf
I think you should avoid buying any Nissan tino, based on my pass experience, my mum has a 12 years old Mitsubishi space runner, which is quite rare in the country, it has done 100000 miles already, everything is fine only the exhaust gone rusty. It has since got sorn for a year, because is not economical to repair. I would say if you were to buy, get some more commons model.

Sorry : just what has your Mum owning a Mitsubishi got to do with owning a Nissan?

If all that has goone wrong is a rusty rxhaust your post makes no comprehensible reason not to buy a Nissan.

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - bear807
I'm sorry you don't get what I'm saying, "economical repair" is the whole point I'm trying to say. I have nothing going against Nissan, in fact they are quite reliable. Ask yourself how common have you seen Nissan tino on the street? Why I bring out my mums Mitsubishi because they have a common point, is you don't see a lot on uk roads. Do you know supply and demand curve and margin cost? The more certain amount of particular car models on the road, the more easier it is to access the parts and hence the cost will be cheaper. Since not all car parts are universal, even If you are not going to buy a brand new, you will have a difficult time to search for parts in the scrapyard.
Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - japdriver

We own a 54 plate 2.2Dci Tino, 6 speed manual 136bhp. Very reliable over 3 years we have owned it - other than servicing it has only needed the rear brakes overhauling - piston calipers sticking (common fault apparently).

Very torquey engine - actually feels pretty quick! But - not very economical at all. Averages 29mpg around town/short journeys, If you drive it like a nun you might just get 40mpg out of it maximum on a long run. Very disappointing, and nothing at all like the official govt figures.

I previously (before divorce!) bought a brand new petrol 1.8se tino in 2003. 5 speed manual, smooth engine but not very economical. 25mpg around town, 32 on a run. Very poor, but typical for a car of this size/engine cc.

Ex wife has had to buy a new gearbox for it, and the engine uses a lot of oil, yet only has a 3.8 litre sump.......That's a genuine 1 owner full history from new car...........personally I don't rate the 1.8 at all.....

All the best

Mark

Nissan Tino Petrol v Diesel - Collos25

Nissan Tino a Almera under the skin easy to maintain parts easy to come buy far easier in all respects than an oddball Mitzy.