3p increase - barney100
Well done to the fair fuel prices people for helping to stop the 3p a litre increase in August. It will hopefully help to keep the price of everything that comes by road down.
3p increase - Collos25
Till January its only a few months delay but still better than the other way.
3p increase - RT
Till January its only a few months delay but still better than the other way.

Why can't people understand that under Labour's fuel tax escalator legislation, we were due for increases in Aug 2012 and Jan 2013 - the coalition have scrapped the Aug 2012 rise so we only get one increase, not two.

I do find it laughable that Labour politicians have been calling for axing of a measure they introduced.

3p increase - Bromptonaut
I do find it laughable that Labour politicians have been calling for axing of a measure they introduced.

The world's moved on. The original duty escalator that caused the trouble in 2000 was a Tory measure.

3p increase - Collos25

Nobody has scrapped anything if you read the directive both rises have merely been postponed till January and a date to be announced it is still goodnews for the motorist nomatter what the history.

3p increase - jamie745

To be honest I don't think it has much to do with the fair fuel people at all. This is a political move entirely. Labour were due to table a vote on this issue and a significant amount of Tory MP's were willing to vote against the Chancellor and the Chancellor probably felt after the budget fiasco he couldn't then lose a vote due to his own party siding with Labour over a tax rise Labour wrote in the first place.

3p increase - madf

Oh well, time to sack a few more civil servants then.

3p increase - Collos25

There was no vote pending it was signed and sealed wasn't even to be discussed in parliament why the chancellor revoked the measure we will never know the truth,I should read Hansard if you want facts regarding the House.

3p increase - jamie745

Can you possibly make one single post without belittling me? There was a vote planned by the opposition, newspaper journalists have been ringing round Tory MP's to find out how many would vote against their own chancellor on this issue - and the answer was quite a lot - so I think it's pretty clear why he postponed the rise.

You just can't help yourself can you?

Edited by jamie745 on 29/06/2012 at 01:31

3p increase - Collos25

Nobody is belittling you(or have you an IC) but you need to find out all the facts before you go to press unlike many tabloids in the UK who print what they think the readers will like.

There was no vote pending it was signed and sealed wasn't even to be discussed in parliament why the chancellor revoked the measure we will never know the truth,I should read Hansard if you want facts regarding the House.

That's not the way it's been reported by Parlaimentary correspondents in broasdsheet press. They report a Labour motion to postpone, or a at least a credible threat of one - political opportunism but what else do expect from politicians. Signs that Tories, some of whom are in fairly open rebellion against Dave C, might support. Dave'n' Gideon then announce a climbdown . Obviously no need for motion; withdrawn or not laid by proposers.

Chloe Smith and Justine Greening, both of whom have been saying increase will happen are left out to dry.

D'n'G have previous for this, particulalry with women Ministers hence theoutrage of mongst others, Nadine Dorries - who's got nothing to lose as her seat will be chopped and it's clear she'll whistle for another. .

Edited by Bromptonaut on 29/06/2012 at 08:46

3p increase - Collos25

Like I said a lot of mouthing but no motion tabled(according to Hansard) if you were to beleive everything in the UK press then you would never go out of your house.

Like I said a lot of mouthing but no motion tabled(according to Hansard) if you were to beleive everything in the UK press then you would never go out of your house.

EDM 158 http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/158

Tabled by an Ulster SDLP MP but attracting support from Labour and at least on Lib Dem.

3p increase - jamie745

Does Collos have nothing better to do but sit there and patronise everybody else? The ironic thing is he's usually wrong as well so he just looks like a horribly depressed moron.

Hansard is not a bible and there's no need for anybody to table anything now because he's already postponed it. Maybe Collos should actually have to live in the UK before he's entitled to an opinion on anything in it.

Edited by jamie745 on 29/06/2012 at 18:10