Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - DriverinSurrey
I have been offered a Nissan Primera 1.8 2002 for 1,000 . I am hoping to do a 300mile round trip in it , is it economical and does the price sound reasonable . I am hoping to do a 300mile round trip in it with my children during the summer holiday.
Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - Auristocrat
Which version is it? Is it a late P11 (produced 1995 to 2002) or an early P12 (produced 2002 to 2008)?
Hi I am not sure but I think its a P12 just by looking at the shape . can you give me opinions of both the P11 and P12 please?
Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - hallington

I have driven the nissan almera pulse1.8 auto and hated it, it felt very light and flimsy, the torque? meant when I accelerated it would try to switch to the other side of the road. I personally would not feel safe in this on a motorway with kids, it was like driving a fast bean can :(

Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - bathtub tom

I've had an Almera for over six years. If you experienced torque steer then I'd guess it had a serious fault. Any car may be faulty! As for not feeling safe, the Almera had just about the highest NCAP safety rating possible at the time.

Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - Icey

I had a 2003 Primera 2.2 diesel for just over a year, covering about 45,000 miles in that time. When it left my care it had over 130,000 on the clock, had just been serviced, needing no extra work, and was still going strong.

I found the seats to be a bit on the hard side, and the central speedo took some getting used to, but otherwise it was an excellent car. Just a shame it looks like a hunchback whale.

Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - Bigdaveg
I had a T reg (99) after having a Mondeo, basically I wanted something like the mondeo but better and a damn sight more reliable, I had a 2 litre SLX and loved it, it was spaceous, good boot size, never let me down, was quick and fuel consumption was good (for a 2 litre), it would seem to stay in the red for miles before the low fuel light came on, the advent of the "air tax" and insurance pricing put paid to it so I went for a smaller Car (Mazda 323, which was also a very good car (fore runner to the excellent 3).

I was'nt so keen on the newer model Primera's, did'nt like the styling much.

Thanks all for your input

Nissan Primera - Thoughts and opinions please... - John F

Make sure it's not one of their engines with stretchy cam chains [try googling Nissan cam chain problems]. One of our staff members was quoted a four figure sum to fix her Primera when the red light came on, although I believe you can bodge the cam sensor, or something. Having the cam rotate a fraction of a degree behind where it should be doesn't really matter - four figures buys a lot of extra petrol for the slightly suboptimal performance.