Ford Focus - 2004 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi Chirping / Squealing - NotQuiteSureWhatToPutHere

Hi,

I have 2004 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi that has done 91k miles that is making a chirping / squealing sound from the top left of the engine compartment.

Also there is some sort of fluid (not sure what, as I can't see where its coming from and no fluid levels have dropped) over the left hand side of the engine compartment. Theres also a wet patch on the bonnet sound proofing so I assume its shooting up from below somewhere.

I had the fan belt / tensioner / water pump changed about 2 years ago.

Any idea what it could be? The sound has gotten much louder over the last few days.

Thanks

Ford Focus - 2004 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi Chirping / Squealing - kev tyler

i have this problem too on the same engine, mechanic #1 says its a sort of coating issue on the pulley, my nosie goes when the car warms up mechanic# 2 says its a bearing, who knows.

#2 just changed my power steering pump for 400 euros, i drove the car off the forecourt and the crank shaft pulley seperated from the rubber mounting, and there you go another 150 quid, #1 suggests that the PS pump was probably ok and just under tensioned maybe?

is it normal to change a power stearring pump without checking or touching the serpentine belt??

cheers

kev