Astra 2002 - Fitted stereo in Astra now have no acceleration - joelistics23
I fitted a aftermarket stereo to a Astra last nite. The stereo works. But the car has no acceleration or power steering and the check engine light is on. I used a wiring harness and hav checked all my wiring. I checked all the relays and fuses and they wer all good. Just wondering if som1 can help me ASAP

Cheers
Astra 2002 - Fitted stereo in Astra now have no acceleration - Oli rag

Was there any chance that you caused a brief short circuit during the stereo fit?

I think my first stop would be to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see whether on reconnection there's any change.

Astra 2002 - Fitted stereo in Astra now have no acceleration - elekie&a/c doctor

There is no direct connection between the engine power loss and no pas.Check fuses and also check to see if the alternator is charging at the correct voltage.No alternator output will cause the power steering to malfunction.hth

Astra 2002 - Fitted stereo in Astra now have no acceleration - Peter.N.

Have you tried disconnecting the radio and seeing if it clears the fault? Aftermarket equipment connected to the ECU system can cause all sorts of strange faults, it should have an adaptor lead that isolates some of the connections. If the faults are still there its probably coincidence.

Astra 2002 - Fitted stereo in Astra now have no acceleration - injection doc

The connection ( pardon the pun) could be related to the speed sensor wire ! originally wired to the genuine radio to incraese the radio volume as the car goes faster !

I have seen many cars whetre if this is earth or a power supply added it causes monumental problems ! normally flat spots or severee hesitation and loss of power.

I cant remeber what colour the speed sensor wire is for vauxhall now but this is where i would start looking