Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - deeko

Does anyone know what is the size of the headlight sticker which enables you to drive on the continent with headlights not dazzling oncoming traffic. I have Audi's illustrations A94- 10186 and 101184 showing the position but not the size. The cost of purchasing these from a main agent is approximately £30.00

Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - Peter D

An what year would help. Regards Peter

Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - focussed

A cheaper alternative would be to experiment with some ordinary black insulating tape. Face the car towards a garage door or wall and tape the headlamp glass to mask off the dip beam where it kicks up to the left. Alternatively, just adjust the beam down on the dashboard adjust knob, as long as you are not actively dazzling oncoming traffic it won't be a problem. AFAIK there is no check on this when you come off the ferry, the gendarmes are far more worried about the hi-vis jackets,warning triangles,not having speed camera warnings on your satnav, and having a breathalyser kit in the car.

Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - Big John

"A cheaper alternative would be to experiment with some ordinary black insulating tape."

I used to do this until I damaged both headlight units on a trip to Italy where you have to drive with your headlights on all the time on motorways. The combined heat of Italy and the headlight bulbs damaged the plastic front surface.

Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - deeko

An what year would help. Regards Peter. The year is 2008.

Double check the headlight units don't already have it built in. After many years of appying headlight stickers to my Skoda Superb (very distant cousin ) a couple of days ago I was in the process of doing the same ready for my forthcoming trip to Germay when I discovered I was a side light down. On replacing this (through main beam access hatch) I happened to notice a little metal lever (viewed by looking through main beam hatch towards the dipped beam bulb) - On moving this the dipped headlight beam flattened - no need for any stickers! There is no mention of this in the operators manual. (NS easy but had to move an air intake pipe to access OS)

Worth a look.

Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - Collos25

Make sure they are not zenon, whats wrong with buying the official parts from the agent.

Audi A6 Avant - Headlight stickers - focussed

"I used to do this until I damaged both headlight units"

Dunno-I've never had a problem with taping up headlamps, unless you leave the tape on for 12-18 months-then you might have a problem.

"Dunno-I've never had a problem with taping up headlamps, unless you leave the tape on for 12-18 months-then you might have a problem."

I've found out since it is a more of a problem with projector lamp type headlights combined with black tape due to the heat absorbtion (in my case also combined with Italian sun!) overheating the plastic surface. It crazed the surface somewhat.

Wish I'd known about the dipeed beam "flattening" lever when I bought my car many years ago.

Edited by Big John on 30/05/2012 at 00:26