Vauxhall Vectra B Dti 16V LS (Xreg 2000) - Vectra B Dti Xreg No turbo when cold, until warm - Vectra Dti

Hi all. New to the forum.

Had my vectra for 4 years. No problems. Loads of pull. Brakes always been poor.

Most recently, a sever lack of power when cold. Starts fine, no smoke, no noises bangs or rattles. On all accounts, the car is smooth and quiet. Just when cold it won't rev and takes an age to get moving until warmed up. I checked the oil and it was way below normal, so It's been using oil somewhere. I have topped this up.

Although i have cleaned the EGR and checked the vac pipes, I can't guarantee there isn't a problem there.

I suppose my main queston is:

'What would cause a no tubo problem when cold that would then go away when warmed up?'

NB If i park the car for half hour or so and go back, it's very sluggish again till the temp rises.

Even when warm, it no longer has the usual BOOST at 2000rpm it had beforehand.

It shuold also be noted that the fins on the air intake side of the turbo have taken a beating, but like i say the turbo spins and works when warm. On inspection with the engine running and the air intake side pipe removed, you can clearly see the fins spinning, and slowly come to a stop after engine switch off.

Thanks

Vauxhall Vectra B Dti 16V LS (Xreg 2000) No turbo when cold, until warm - Vectra Dti

Interestingly, yesterday with the temeratures being around 23 degrees C, the car performed better sooner, after 1 mile of driving. It has been around 5 miles usually but the temp has been 9 or 10 degrees.