Tact or dynamite? - teabelly
In June of last year I bought a 16v Lancia Delta Integrale. It had a top end rebuild and a cam belt change carried out by a company working on behalf of the dealer. These people also back the warranty. Now I have just discovered that the cam belt wasn't tensioned correctly ( car was making strange jangly noises) which is a serious mistake and it will mean it will have to be done again and properly. Some other belts that are changed at the same time weren't tensioned correctly either, one tensioner was misaligned, the cam cover was bent and an inner cover had a bolt missing. A right pig's ear. They also changed a radiator for me while they had the car which I paid for and they managed to 'forget' to put in anti-freeze when they did it.

Now my question is this: as the work was carried out on behalf of the dealer do I have to pursue him for the cost or alternatively go after the warranty company who actually carried out the substandard work and risk losing 'good will' for the rest of the 6 months remaining on the warranty ( I have already claimed for a new ecu and power steering pump as they both failed not long after I had the car so that was about £600 worth)? There is a shadow over the warranty as the dealer gave out the warranty after the warranty company told them they would not warranty the car and have since ceased all business with this dealer. I think I only got any work done due to the intervention of a friend of mine who has a great ability in getting people to do things which I lack! A right pickle....

teabelly