Ford Focus - Focus Clutch - Sachs vs LUK - Jamesey

I want to replace my DMF (dual mass flywheel), clutch and slave cylinder on my 2009 Focus 1.8 TDCi (its done a lot of miles). I bought a DMF online, having given the car details and stated as being for 11/2004 onwards, they said it was LuK, it came in a LuK box, but inside the DMF was stamped Sachs!

The part number on the LuK box (and on the website and invoice) is 415047810, but the DMF has label with 4150478900. I have also been given conflicting advice about whether my car has a Sachs or LuK clutch, and whether or not it matters which I buy, and whether the make of clutch and DMF have to match! I am very confused, now I wish I'd just let the garage buy the parts and paid the extra...

Any advice appreciated.

James

I've now been told the Sachs part supplied is a direct replacement for the LUK one. So my next question is whether Sachs and LUK are the same quality? I realise it may be subjective but are there any opinions on this?

Ford Focus - Focus Clutch - Sachs vs LUK - balleballe

Sachs normally command a higher price.

Googling reveals that some the sachs clutch feels better and has a better release bearing

That's interesting as I have been quoted higher prices for LUK parts in some cases. However... I was talking to a guy at my local Eurocarparts and he said there is actually only one manufacturer (of the DMFs anyway) and some are boxed by LUK and some Sachs. In which case it makes no difference I guess?!

Ford Focus - Focus Clutch - Sachs vs LUK - Chris M

On the face of it, it may save money supplying your own parts for the garage to fit. But on a labour intensive job, if your parts should fail, I wouldn't expect the garage to replace labour free. If they supply the parts, it's all down to them.

Chris M - off-topic point... but you're absolutely right, and the garage I'm getting it done at said they can't offer a guarantee as would if they supplied the parts.