Peugeot 307 - Warrantywise won't pay - comgaslondon

Just had gearbox failure after 13000 miles from new.

Warrantywise will not pay.

I did everything they asked, bought a used car, guaranteed genuine 13000 miles, broke down 300 miles later and had a full service as requested by warranty wise and thye will not pay due to smell in the oil !!! of the gearbox.

How can I as a consumer know about this ?

Edited by Avant on 14/05/2012 at 21:27

Peugeot 307 - Warrantywise won't pay - Avant

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry but I've had to edit your post: you can name a supplier if you state facts, but if you go further than that we could be liable to legal action for defamation if the people you complain about have a different version of events.

Your point is still as clear as you made it: but as AS says above please let us know what the grounds were for their rejection of your claim. It has to be something within the stated terms of the warranty contract: they are in breach if not.

Peugeot 307 - Warrantywise won't pay - ps@warrantywise

I can assure you that Warrantywise treats all customer claims seriously and is obviously concerned when a customer is disatisfied and does its utmost to ensure customers are treated fairly under the terms of the plan.

Please contact me directly and provide the full details you wish me to look at and I will certainly see what I can do. My direct email is

ps@warrantywise.co.uk

Thank you. Warrantywise Claims Manager

Edited by Avant on 01/09/2012 at 20:08

Peugeot 307 - Warrantywise won't pay - BOSHIRALI

(Post removed at Boshirali's request)

Edited by Avant on 16/10/2012 at 00:52

Peugeot 307 - Warrantywise won't pay - gordonbennet

BOSHIRALI, your service history is either correct or it isn't.

If your service history is up to date and complete, then sue W W in the court for your just cover.

If your service history isn't correct i can't see they have done anything wrong, indeed they might well claim the previous approved amounts back from you.

I wouldn't pay for an aftermarket warranty by the way, regardless of what fancy name it went under, just saying that if your service history is incomplete then you have given them the perfect excuse to back out.

edit...VW's seem to spend a lot of their lives in the workshops.

Edited by gordonbennet on 01/09/2012 at 13:28

Boshirali, if you have a genuine grievance (i.e. your service record is up to date) I suggest you contact the address in the post above you.

Edited by Avant on 16/10/2012 at 00:52

Please can you remove my previous message altogether, i will be posting a new review. Kind regards

(Done: Avant)

Edited by Avant on 16/10/2012 at 00:53

Post removed at Boshirali's request.

Edited by Avant on 21/10/2012 at 00:13

Thank you for bringing us up to date: the result is a lot better than it might have been, although I agree you shouldn't have had to fight for it.

If anyone looking on here has a problem with Warrantywise, note that their claims manager has kindly given us his E-mail address (above) so that hopefully any disagreements can be sorted out before things go too far.

What needs to happen is :

(a) customers should not inflate their claims or disregard the truth in order to wring every last penny out of the warranty companies; and

(b) the companies should not actively seek excuses to refuse or reduce claims.

Sadly, (b) has become common as a result of (a), and it's probably a faint and naive hope that this will change greatly. Transparency on both sids is the best hope.

Peugeot 307 - Warrantywise won't pay - unthrottled

1 st reason – After inspecting my vehicle they refused to pay out because I was at fault for driving the vehicle when it was over heating. Just to confirm I am fully aware of the temperature gauge in my car, it is clearly visible and it was always on 90°C as it should be. In addition to the temperature gauge in my car I have also a dashboard alert which will appear if the engine is too hot.

How did they determine this? The coolant temperature sensor will often read above 100C under normal operation. A typical thermostat doesn't fully open till about 100C and the radiator fan will usually kick in a couple of degrees higher. The dashboard temperature gauge will usually sit bang on 90 at any tempetature between 80-100C.

Besides, a short circuit in the cts would return sky high coolant temperatures even if the coolant was at normal temperature. If they simply read the ECU log and determined driver negligence, then they are being very unfair.

Quentin Willson Warranty - warrantywise

I can ensure you all that Warranty Wise is the best faithfull and best comapny in UK. It deals with customer as quickly and an efficence manner with great feedback. I had own great experience with warranty wise. My car was break down after 8 month purchased, when i informed to warranty waise service then it quickly reply and within 10 hours resolve my problem with 100% money back.

Quentin Willson Warranty - FP

"I can ensure you all that Warranty Wise is the best faithfull and best comapny in UK. It deals with customer as quickly and an efficence manner with great feedback. I had own great experience with warranty wise. My car was break down after 8 month purchased, when i informed to warranty waise service then it quickly reply and within 10 hours resolve my problem with 100% money back."

Why do I find this post totally unconvincing?

Quentin Willson Warranty - Collos25

Well there you have it an unbiased report from member of the public.

Was this written by QW or his or a member of his Indian office.

Quentin Willson Warranty - dadbif
That Sir, is a slur on the Indian race, most Indians what I have met are not quite as thick as our poster....
Quentin Willson Warranty - Collos25

Not the ones that phone me unrequested but I do take your point.

Quentin Willson Warranty - brum

Look on the bright side - by refusing a warranty claim, peugeot can claim their cars are "reliable" when those statistics are published next year as a "survey"!

Quentin Willson Warranty - oldtoffee

>>>>>"I can ensure you all that Warranty Wise is the best faithfull and best comapny in UK. It deals with customer as quickly and an efficence manner with great feedback. I had own great experience with warranty wise. My car was break down after 8 month purchased, when i informed to warranty waise service then it quickly reply and within 10 hours resolve my problem with 100% money back."

Thank you I've just had an "It ain't half hot mum" flash back.

Quentin Willson Warranty - Avant

Another inside job I think: if they were professional they would have made a better attempt at writing English. Thread closed.