ford mondeo estate 2002 - brake light problem - spockscott

when brake pedal is pressed and then depressed the lights stay on and also when the clutch is pressed the brakelights come on but do not stay on when clutch is depressed again...help??

ford mondeo estate 2002 - brake light problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Change the brake light switch.hth

ford mondeo estate 2002 - brake light problem - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Sounds like the brake-light switch has come loose! Get in there with a spanner.

Sounds like the brake-light switch has come loose! Get in there with a spanner.

ok will try that but why would the lights come on when clutch is pressed?

ford mondeo estate 2002 - brake light problem - elekie&a/c doctor

The brake light switch is a push and twist to lock in a plastic bush.The switch has become too sensitive in operation through wear.Pressing the clutch pedal twists the metal pedal box just enough to make the brake light switch move away from its stop position.I have seen this fault a few times on mondeo .Replace switch and the job is done.hth

The brake light switch is a push and twist to lock in a plastic bush.The switch has become too sensitive in operation through wear.Pressing the clutch pedal twists the metal pedal box just enough to make the brake light switch move away from its stop position.I have seen this fault a few times on mondeo .Replace switch and the job is done.hth

think ive sorted it i superglued a 10p in between the brake pedal and where it hits the plunger and light stayed off when clutch was pressed :-)