FIAT Punto 2002 - power stearing - ginge24

hi ive recently passed my test and bought a fiat punto i knew the power stearing colum was broke before i bought it i payed to get this fixed buy my friend who is a macanic (he sold me the car) it was fine for about a week then the power stearing failed. i dont know anything about cars i know that if you leave the city button on it can cause it to run out so to speak but ive never used it or left it on. will i hve to replace the stearing colum was wondering if anyone could shed some light thanxs :)

FIAT Punto 2002 - power stearing - Avant

Moved to Technical. Good luck to anyone trying to work out what's going on here!

FIAT Punto 2002 - power stearing - piggy

Try asking this question on Fiat Forum.com There are dedicated sections for each model of Fiat,plus a few knowlegeable people that can help. Good luck with fixing it.

FIAT Punto 2002 - power stearing - ChannelZ

The PAS on these cars is electric. There's two microswitches and a motor. Often it's the switches that fail. Common problem, and plenty of places that fix them. The PAS system is shared with the Vauxhall Corsa, which is basically a Punto.

FIAT Punto 2002 - power stearing - goonlazy

Hi, I think there may be a report to be shown on this week's BBC Watchdog (w/c 23rd April) concerning Fiat Punto and powersteering.

I suspect some viewers have written in complaining about this common fault!!

Cheers

T.

FIAT Punto 2002 - power stearing - pandpauto

hi

where are you based mate? It is possible to fix this problem without changing stereing column.