Vauxhall Zafira A - help with buying Vauxhall Zafira - Residesinsurrey

It has 160000 mileage and they are asking 1250 for it , love to hear others thoughts on it . I think the mileage is too high . its 2.0 diesel engine and has a year MOT

Vauxhall Zafira A - help with buying Vauxhall Zafira - ChannelZ

To the OP - the Zafira is bascially just an Astra, so anything you read about the Astra tends to apply to the Zafira too. The 2.0DTI engine is pretty good, probably the best engine for reliability in a Vauxhall over the past 10-15 years.

Only issues I can think of on the 2.0DTI is the injector pump seizing up if you use cheap/bad diesel, and the ECU failing. The ECU is built in to the pump, but they tend to go in the first few years, so if it's made it to 160k it'll be fine.

Edited by Avant on 13/04/2012 at 23:15

Vauxhall Zafira A - help with buying Vauxhall Zafira - Residesinsurrey

Thanks so much ChannelZ!

Vauxhall Zafira A - help with buying Vauxhall Zafira - Avant

And thanks for pointing out the spam, which I've removed - hence the edit to your post.

To the OP: The mileage needn't be a problem if the car has been looked after and driven well: you have no way of knowing for sure, but a full service history is an indication, and essentiual for a diesel. Have a look on Autotrader for Zafiras of similar age and mileage to see how the price compares: you haven't told us how old it is.

Edited by Avant on 13/04/2012 at 23:20