Forensic breakthrough of note - Dwight Van Driver

Now being reported that the Home Office Forensic Branch working alongside its American counterparts at Harvard University, after 5 years research ,have perfected a procedure whereby from a photograph of human skin they can magnify down to show the structure of the epidermis and from that extract the DNA of the person in the photograph.

The implications of this are tremendous, not only in the fight against crime but imagine motoring offences where speed cameras involved. No longer will it be possible to deny being the driver at the time of the offence as when the new Fully EEC Driving Licence is brought in, it will contain within its chip, the DNA of the individual. Game set and match to DVLA and the Safety Camera people.

Professor Loof LIRPA, i/c the project, is confident this procedure will be available to the authorities within the next 2 years.

Like WOW

dvd

Forensic breakthrough of note - dadbif
Nicely put together, April Fool!
Forensic breakthrough of note - Armitage Shanks {p}

Lirf Loopa was also the name of a Finnish sculptor who made limited edition ceramic models of Top of the Range BWMs - in an April Fool many years ago.

Did any of you see this year's one? A driverless BMW accopmpanyiing you on a run, guiding you and monitoring your medical status?

Forensic breakthrough of note - Avant

Loof Lirpa was also a Scandinavian explorer who discovered America long before Leif Ericsson, according to (I think) a BBC Panorama joke on 1 April many years ago.

Given that some of think Columbus went too far, maybe he was a fool spelt forwards too. Leif Ericsson had the good sense to leave well alone and come back home.

Forensic breakthrough of note - concrete

Nice one DVD. Really good laugh. I passed this to the office of Chris Hulne but have not had a reply yet. Wonder why? Cheers Concrete