Vauxhall Corsa D - Corsa 1.7CDTI 07 strange warbling type noise? - selfconfessedlunatic

Hi, newbie I'm afraid.....:-) so please be gentle!

Just bought an 07 corsa D 1.7 cdti, fitted with the vxr styling kit/wheels etc looks Fantabulous!

On driving it home (dealer purchase) I noted what I can only describe as a gurgling type/warbling noise? Yeah okay odd I know, but when I mentioned it to the salesman he really thought I was on something? However he's now heard it for himself and despite the workshop looking at it, no one has any idea's? It genuinely sounds like a gurgling/warble noise? It would remind you of water going down a plughole in the bath?

No leaks anywhere/no car running/starting issues nothing? It does it at idle/under load and sat ticking over? I am 100% sure it sounds to be coming from around the upper bulkhead area behind the steering wheel (strangely where the diesel filter is housed)

Any idea's?

Vauxhall Corsa D - Corsa 1.7CDTI 07 strange warbling type noise? - TeeCee

Sounds like there may be a bit of an airlock in the cooling system. The gurgling noise will be air in the heater matrix.

Has it been serviced recently, including a coolant change? If so, coolant airlock has to be favourite. Take off the coolant filler cap and run it at medium revs until warm, that should get any air out. If you get someone to watch the filler, they may see it "burp".

Vauxhall Corsa D - Corsa 1.7CDTI 07 strange warbling type noise? - madf

Sounds like there may be a bit of an airlock in the cooling system. The gurgling noise will be air in the heater matrix.

Has it been serviced recently, including a coolant change? If so, coolant airlock has to be favourite. Take off the coolant filler cap and run it at medium revs until warm, that should get any air out. If you get someone to watch the filler, they may see it "burp".

Take great care: only do that when enegine is cold. If you do it when hot, you may get covered in hot water...

Vauxhall Corsa D - Corsa 1.7CDTI 07 strange warbling type noise? - selfconfessedlunatic

Hi, many thanks for the reply. Truth is I never actually thought of the cooling system and on checking the service history there doesn't seem to be any reference to coolant changes? Car has just done 39k, think I may have a read of the service shedule and see when the recommended coolant change is/was?

Think it's strange that the car (Evie) doesn't have temp gauge??

Ta again ;-)

Vauxhall Corsa D - Corsa 1.7CDTI 07 strange warbling type noise? - Jibaro

I think my other half's Corsa 1.7 has this problem, did the above procedure work selfconfessedlunatic?