VW Sharan 1.9tdi se 2007 - mystery of missing hose - marpalyn

Load area over nearside wheel arch is the auxiliary heater. Below the heater housing is a discharge point for moisture from the heater. On my vehicle the hose, that I assume connects to this discharge nipple and routes the water to an external point, is missing.

I have connected a piece of garden hose in the same place as VW garage connected a piece of 'rubbish' pipe (tried to charge me £108.00 ha! ha!) Question,,,,,where is the eternal discharge point ??
VW Sharan 1.9tdi se 2007 - mystery of missing hose - Peter D

I do not have a manual for your particular model but other Vag/Audi aux heaters do not have a condensation drain. The Aux heater has a burner and exhaust and the resulting heats the coolant circuit. The only condenstion is due to burning fuel and exits the exhaust. Regards Peter

many thanks Peter. This discharge point is inside the trim above nearside rear wheel arch.

Main VW dealers in Swindon did order the part but then told me it was a back order and would cost £127.00. They then did a semi-permanent repair with a piece of rubbish hose which split when they tried to connect it. Never told me so I found out for myself when I got home.Got my money back. So it suggests to me that there is discharge point somewhere inside the trim.......but where ???? Again thanks for your help

VW Sharan 1.9tdi se 2007 - mystery of missing hose - Peter D

Why would a condensation discharge pipe be above the location of the Aux heater unit. Water does not flow uphill. Regards Peter

Hi Peter... the heater housing is ABOVE nearside wheel arch. The discharge 'nipple' (slightly smaller diameter than a hosepipe) about 2.5 inches long, protrudes from below the heater housing. many thanks again Paul