Peugeot 206 2001 - peugeot 206 passenger seat handle wont go back to - Tara1985

hi my peugeot 206 passenger seat will not recline it will run back and forth on runners and go forward to let people in the back seat but anyone who sits in front has to be laid right back as the handle is jammed i have looked at th other seats and cant see anything different i have tried forcing it with pliers taking seat literally apart but still stuck anyone else had this prob if so how can i resolve it.

tara.

Peugeot 206 2001 - peugeot 206 passenger seat handle wont go back to - Dwight Van Driver

If you cannot find a male friend with mechanical knowledge by the sounds of it it on a 12 yr old car it is kaput.

Try sourcing a complete front seat with working drop/tilt on line from a salvage firm...yellow pages may reval one close to you. All that will be required is unbolting from floor an and rebolting new one in. Cleaner than a Garage.

dvd

Peugeot 206 2001 - peugeot 206 passenger seat handle wont go back to - gordonbennet

When 206's were newish the skips round the back of dealers were overflowing with broken seat frames.

New seat frame cheap enough, but you'll need a handy spanner person to strip and reupholster, upholstery has to come off anyway to inspect so thats the first move, used seat will be OK but matching the colours could prove difficult.