Ford Galaxy - Engine bay noise - goldfish
Hi all, just taken delivery of a brand new galaxy, TD, been checking things over, but have found a high pitched noise from left of engine bay, which lasts for about 15-20 seconds, then a clunk from right side of bay which switches noise off, then the same process happens again, this is when engine is off, whether it happens while running I wouldn't know, as you wouldn't hear it then, nothing in the manual about it, before I contact my dealer to be told its some computer thingy checking on the fllange thingy which lubricates the waffle button, and which is normal (and feel an idiot) is there anyone out there with an answer. Ta.
Ford Galaxy - Engine bay noise - Peter D

turn the air con off and try it again. Regards Peter

Ford Galaxy - Engine bay noise - goldfish
But this happens even before I get into car, for instance I went out this morning just to have a look round it and could hear this noise under bonnet, ( I hadn't used car since night before )
Ford Galaxy - Engine bay noise - Peter D

That is not right, take it back. Regards Peter

Ford Galaxy - Engine bay noise - Nezza
We have a new Galaxy with the 2.2tdci engine. When getting out of the car I have also noticed a high pitched noise coming from under the bonnet and it does stop after prob the length of time you state. I have not noticed it approaching the car on a morning but will make a point of checking. I assumed it was something to do with the keyless entry sensors but thinking about it the sensors are side and rear only. If you do get to the bottom of it please post an update as you have me wondering now.