Astra SXI - Need help with engine warning light - AJSXI

Hi all,

I need some help I have an engine warning light on my car everytime it comes up its saying spark plugs and or coil pack need replacing,

Have had both items mentioned changed at Vauxhaul dealership but the dreaded light is back on. Now im sick of dealing with Vauxhall i would like to know if there is any other areas i can look at before i bite the bullet and change the ECU :(

Astra SXI - Need help with engine warning light - madf

Almost certainly not the ECU.. If it was your car would stop running.

Sounds like a snesor or a bad wiring connection...

Its finding it thats the problem though :( car will be fine for a month or two or a week after a reset no lumpy running or safe mode

Astra SXI - Need help with engine warning light - doofer

What year and engine code, what diagnostic code(s) are you getting?

its a 53 plate astra g

the codes according to the Vaxhaull garage are spark plugs or coil pack,

over the past two years the car has had, spak plugs, coil pack and O2 sensor,

and in the past few months it has had spark plugs and on Thursday a new Coil pack. Friday night lamp back on.

I even took reciepts in to show garage and said i doubted that the coil pack would be the fault, they said if it was not a genuine vauxhall part then it would cause conflicts and used that to convince me it may be the fault.

have just ordered the software and lead to diognose my own faults because so far i have thrown £400 down the drain to try solve this problem.

Edited by AJSXI on 11/03/2012 at 20:28

Astra SXI - Need help with engine warning light - TeeCee

they said if it was not a genuine vauxhall part then it would cause conflicts and used that to convince me it may be the fault.

You didn't happen to notice a large telescope in that garage did you? It's just that seem to have seen you coming from a mile off......:-(

I take it that you've ordered OP-COM and a lead? I doubt it will tell you more than others have as regards fault codes, although at least you won't be paying for the privilege(!) Hooking it up in logging mode and then driving around for a bit may shed some light.

software and lead arrived today,

connected and faults are as followed;

1. random Cylinder missfire

2. Cylinder misfire 1

3. Cylinder misfire 3

4. Cylinder misfire 4

I have cleared the fault list and am charging laptop for when i next travel to work

Astra SXI - Need help with engine warning light - injection doc

May i ask what make of spark plugs are fitted ?

The ones the Vauxhall garage fitted,

other than that i have no Idea