Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - George Bishop

After a service the garage said the drain plug may need Helicoiling, although confirming it does not leak oil. There is no sump damage from speed humps, so it can only be caused by overtightening or refitting cross-threaded. My argument is that in either case it is their responsibility, not mine. What do others think?

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - gordonbennet

By a Fumoto oil drain valve for next oil change, it will only need fitting once, from then on you simply open the valve.

www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - mss1tw

That looks fantastic, the only thing I would worry about on a Berlingo (Well the 1.9D anyway, you don't state the model) is that the sump plug is parallel to the road and that valve looks quite long, and prone to getting caught or ripped off entirely.

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - Zolasdad

This might be better:-

www.drainplug.co.uk/compact.html

I've got one on mine, but it's the HDi, and works a treat

These things should be standard fit!

Typical that I bought a PELA over Christmas (And it doesn't drain all the oil out of the Berlingo or my brothers Proton)

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - piggy

<< And it doesn't drain all the oil out of the Berlingo or my brothers Proton>>

Maybe the Pela does not get every last drop out,but it saves crawling under the car,removing the undertray,getting your hands covered in hot oil,bashing your knuckles.....Besides,it`s possible to leave the Pela to do the job while you have a cuppa. It`s also usefull for extracting anti-freeze etc.

Maybe the Pela does not get every last drop out,but it saves crawling under the car,removing the undertray,getting your hands covered in hot oil,bashing your knuckles.....Besides,it`s possible to leave the Pela to do the job while you have a cuppa. It`s also usefull for extracting anti-freeze etc.

I can access the sump plug and the oil filter on the Berlingo without ramps, and there isn't an undertray.

What you say is true, but if the filter isn't accessible, you're going to be getting the ramps out and the undertray off regardless!

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - gordonbennet

Thanks for that Zolasdad, i had a Fumoto on my Hilux, but the one you link to is of far more compact design.

Would suit our OP down to the ground.

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - Oli rag

George Bishop - is that your real name, or were you a fan of your namesake and LJK Setright, Phil Llewellin etc?

Sorry if that sounds like gibberish but it may mean something to some people.

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - dadbif
Ah, someone else who used to read the best "car" magazine, whatever happened to LKJ Setwright?
Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - dadbif
Sorry, LJK and he left us in 2005....
Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - Oli rag

Phil Llewellin and George Bishop both long since gone - sad, brilliant writers.

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - Sump drain plug - SteveLee
Ah, someone else who used to read the best "car" magazine, whatever happened to LKJ Setwright?

One of the very few people to have the bottle to point out that (GTi aside) the Maestro was a fundamentally better car than the (Mk2) Golf. The basic chassis setup, chassis stiffness, damping and spring rates were vastly superior. But then knowing what you are actually talking about isn't fashionable.