Ford Mondeo 2.0 2001 - coil spring replaced - moodys

hi , just had front offside coil spring replaced , as old one broke, now i have two problems , turn wheels to right or left and spring makes a noise like it has jumped inplace or out of place?, also get a bump bump when going over small rutts or rough road ?, anybody any ideas ?.. thankscould the spring have been fitted wrong or is it the bearing or bump stop ?....

Ford Mondeo 2.0 2001 - coil spring replaced - ChannelZ

Top strut bearing, probably. I had dampers done in my 2005 1.8 Mondeo, and I had similar issues. When the dampers were again removed to investigate, both top mount bearing basically fell apart.

Two new ones of ECP and problem solved.

Mine were dead around the 60k mark. The dampers were knackered, and I've done front wishbones and ARB links all round. Car now had 70k on it and is tight as a drum. Previous owner did lots of town driving around the woeful roads in Belfast, hence the knackered suspension.

Oh, and a tip, avoid Monroe Reflex dampers if you're replacing yours, they're rubbish.

Ford Mondeo 2.0 2001 - coil spring replaced - moodys

thanks , will look at that when it is taken apart and checked, but is it true you cannot fit coil springs from a hatchback of same year(mine is a saloon)?i have been told they are completly different?.

Ford Mondeo 2.0 2001 - coil spring replaced - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

The broked nearside coil spring on mine completely destroyed the top mount bearing, and I'd only had a new top-mount three months ago!