Various - Looking for a passenger seat "base" that folds up - leo-saphira

Long time lurker/old member of the HJ forums (about 4-5 years ago but lost the access details to the old account)

So

One for the car/mpv experts here

Anyone know what car/models that have a passenger seat that folds "up" - ie the seat base part that you sit on bit which folds up to the back rest of the seat? as ooking for something for my camper that will stow away to the wall flatly so I can still use the bus access doors.

Think they called couier seats in coaches and or "Buddy" seats in the VW camper world/Land Rovers.

Generally I am looking something a bit more luxury than the current Stagecoach logo'd bus (drivers) seat in my Mercedes Vario (which I am turning into a camper) so needing to install a passenger seat as well :)

I know some trucks do this (as I am trucker) - scania R series being one.. but the prices of a truck seat is silly money.

Many Thanks

Various - Looking for a passenger seat "base" that folds up - bathtub tom

Like the trolly dollies use on flights?

There's companies that scrap aircraft and flog the parts.

Various - Looking for a passenger seat "base" that folds up - RT

Some 4x4s have seats like that in the boot - I think the Toyota Landcruisers do and I think some Discoveries did.

Various - Looking for a passenger seat "base" that folds up - John Boy

I've driven a Toyota Lucida (1992-2000), imported secondhand from Japan, which had them. That would suggest that similar Toyota models, which were sold new in the UK, had them too.