Any - Dealer Satisfaction when ordering next car - oldroverboy

With the various issues I have had with my car since purchased, all fixed under warranty i must add, and the fact that I have been more than satisfied with the car in the past 18 months, I am less than satisfied with the main dealer for things other than the warranty, ie service parts not available, (no air filter in stock) a problem getting hold of a spare key, but sorted when I made a 140 mile round trip to another dealer here in south wales who had the key in stock and was kind enough to knock £30 off the cost which was enough to pay for the fuel used. My local vauxhall (network Q) have been servicing the car, twice this year plus intermediate oil change when "change oil now light" came on, another oil change due at 30,000 because i don't trust the dpf regeneration system even though it appears to be working properly, so to avoid a sump contaminated with diesel, I am doing supplementary oil change @ 5000 miles, with each main service every 10000, I have no problem with the costs of the serving at all.

So, even though I am satisfied with the car, will NOT be buying Chevrolet again, as the trips to get warranty problems fixed are costing me each time. 1st trip diagnosis, second fit part, 3rd to go back and get other parts fitted deemed necessary when 1st lot of parts fitted, so far has been the same scenario each time. Next car will be from my local dealer and very probably Insignia 1.8 petrol....

Anyone have any experience of these?

Any - Dealer Satisfaction when ordering next car - daveyjp
Over the last 12 we have had 9 newish cars in our household from 7 different companies, all bar my current B class have had a warranty claim in our first 12 months of ownership, most minor, but some needing extensive periods to fix.

As you say it does become tiresome, even with a good dealer. I'd rather have a 1 year warranty I never use, than a 5 year which needs using a few times a year!

If you want reliability Japanese is still considered the way to go - see who top 10 of the various surveys, that said the B class is also near the top. Looks like I may have chosen right for once!
Any - Dealer Satisfaction when ordering next car - Graham567

If you read the Insignia forums you will find that the reliability is not very good.

Add that to the fact that the 1.8 engine is deemed gutless by all the Insignia owners and i think you'll find that they aren't worth buying.

Any - Dealer Satisfaction when ordering next car - ChannelZ

If you want decent delaer service, go buy a Kia or Hyundai. Our Hyundai's dealer has been excellent, even doing recalls without prompting at service time - Vauxhall wouldn't even do the recalls when presented with the Vauxhall HQ letter "we never heard of that". The only quibble we had with the i30 was a dodgy window seal - they replaced the seal the same day. If that was Vx we'd still be running back to the dealer doing stupid tests or waiting for the part to be made in Mongolia and shipped to the UK.

I had 5 Vauxhalls, from a 2000 Astra through to a 2008 Vectra. Each one was worse than the previous one, and warranty work was nearly impossible to get done. They even managed to trash the 1.8VVT in the Vectra trying to fix a simple rocker cover oil leak.

Edited by ChannelZ on 05/01/2012 at 21:15

I have never "needed" the size of the car or the engine size in my current car, what i have liked about it, and a previous lacetti estate is the driving position, and the fact that at 6'2" and a good 95 kilos I was comfortable in the lacetti, and am comfortable in the epica. the low spec vauxhalls without the electronic park brake I have at least tried sitting in, and at first glance seems to be comfy. What I want most of all in my next buggy is comfort when i'm doing the 4 hour trip up the m4 from sunny wales, but i think if I can't get some extended test drives I will try to hire some of the ones i am interested in. But certainly point taken about the insignia forums. for 99% of my needs a kia ceed would probably do, and that 7 year warranty looks good, especially after the poster on his kia picanto crankshaft problems, and after a bit of to and fro kia paying up after 7 years. I am not bothered too much about servicing costs, can always negotiate those as part of the deal.
Any - Dealer Satisfaction when ordering next car - Avant

Maybe your main criteria need to be a combinbation of reliability and the quality of the dealer reasonably near to where you live. Family-owned garages are far better than those that are part of a chain.

What does YoungRovergirl drive? As a surgeon she no doubt goes for reliability and lack of hassle.

What does Youngrovergirl drive? As a surgeon she no doubt goes for reliability and lack of hassle.

She always had toyotas, but her father always bought them for her, chosen on reliability, but she doesn't actually like driving, so my part-time job now i am retired is "driver". She doesn't like driving in busy traffic, and has a very poor sense of direction.

Edited by OldRoverboy on 06/01/2012 at 07:22