Citroen C5 VTR HDI Manual - Citron C5 not starting after Engine swap - Rabbi

Hi, I'm new here but I think you might be able to help me, I have a Citroen VTR HDI 2.0 Diesel, on a 54 plate . I have just changed the engine with a second hand one and for sosme reason it is not starting. The engine I have swapped with is good and the compression seems fine but it just wont fire. One thing I will mentione is that I 'm yet to replace the suspension fluid I lost ( Not sure if that will stop it from starting) and I have noticed that the glow plug light in dash stays on berly for about a second then off...... is that normal with C5s? I may have one cable from the glow plug not connected. A red cable which I suspect is a live feed cable but I'm not sure where it goes as I dd not have that in the engine I took off... and the old engine started without a fuss though the bottom was knocking ......... does it go to the back of the starter...??........ it wants to start but it just wont..... I will try to bleed it again then ......... and see...... Any suggestion please.... would help......

Citroen C5 VTR HDI Manual - Citron C5 not starting after Engine swap - Peter.N.

I think there may be something incompatable between the electronics in the engine and car. You could check for pulses at the injectors but you really need a code reader.

Edited by Peter.N. on 04/01/2012 at 18:42