Mazda 2 - Mazda 2 problem starting from cold - LittleG69

My 59 plate Mazda 2 won't start when the temperatures are low (around minus 5 and below). This first happened last Winter. I assumed it was a flat battery (the car hadn't been driven over the weekend so I got a local garage to jump start it and no problems). However it then happened twice more, it wouldn't start very early in the morning but a few hours later, once the weather had warmed up a bit it started. its been into the Mazda dealer twice who say they can't find anything wrong with it. Their only solution was to let them have it overnight and they would try to start it in the morning (which they did, but I'm assuming the temperature wasn't sufficiently low for any problems to arise). Can anyone suggest what the problem could be? I'm worried that the problem will reoccur this Winter (its been serviced and the battery is fine) and as I know nothing about cars I don't know what to ask the garage to do.

Thanks

Mazda 2 - Mazda 2 problem starting from cold - Ivanovich

Perhaps you should get a "Heater" attachment fitted to your engine as they have on cars in Canada. This is connected to your electrical power in your garage overnight and should sort out your cold-starting problems.

Mazda 2 - Mazda 2 problem starting from cold - piston power

Does the engine crank over when trying to start?

Any lights lit on dashboard.?

What fuel type is this?

Mazda 2 - Mazda 2 problem starting from cold - LittleG69

Thanks for replying. Its a petrol engine and it cranks over but won't start. I'm not sure about engine lights but I *think* there are none lit when I try to start it.