Volvo - NEW CAR - JACI

I recently purchased a new Volvo. When I signed the contract the car had only 2km on it. I was up sold on a fifth dimension paint/leather/everything protection.

When I collected the car, there were now 57km on it and from the guys doing the protection on the car they had damaged it in 8 different spots. All minor things like:

1. The passengers door speaker had protector spray on it that had not been rubbed in - looking like scuff marks
  2. a loose nut rattled around inside the drivers side door when accelerating/decelerating and going round corners
  3. foam protruding from passenger side windscreen
  4. Scratches on the left hand side windscreen wiper
  5. Scratch marks on the metal surrounding the gear stick
  6. the speaker housing on front passenger door has popped out
  7. 5cent piece sized scratch/blemish at front top centre of dash board above reversing camera/ below SatNav
  8. both back passenger side doors have irregular trim along the top

Although all minor things ... when I purchased the car it was in brand new prestine condition with only 2km on it ... now it needed repairing which happened over 4 visits back to the dealership and there were an extra 55km on it.

What would you do? What sort of compensation would you ask for?

What definies a car as a Demo model, as there were people who drove it as a test drive while our finance was been approved.

looking forward to your comments ;-)

Volvo - NEW CAR - bonzo dog

Hi Jaci, sorry to hear of your disapointments; a few points if I may:

1. A demo, pre-owned, pre-reg, ex-management or whatever is NOT a "new" car. To me a "new" car is defined as one where the purchaser is the first registered keeper; all else is a "used" car & as such should be expected to have some defects
  2. Some of the defects are clearly warranty items; others not so & would be remedied only with the goodwil of the retailer. I get the impression that all of the defects you have mentioned have been rectified albeit only after a number of visits by yourself.
  3. Normal practice would be that once a car is "sold" ie an order taken, the car is removed from sale & and not used again unless you were informed otherwise.
  4. You could have legitimately refused to collect the car as the one you ordered had 2k whereas on collection it had 57k; I would have. The car was not as described.
  5. You took the car knowing this & are not entitled to any compensation as far as I can see.

You now have a car which you like (I guess) ..... enjoy it :)

Volvo - NEW CAR - bonzo dog

the one you ordered had 2k whereas on collection it had 57k

That should have been "km" obviously!