any - michelin tyres - oldroverboy

Been trawling through the websites looking for a good deal on some new tyres before winter, and mentioned this to my friendly local VX dealer who services my epica, and he supplied me with 4 tyres that a customer didn;t want on his new vauxhall. Firstly, I got a good deal, but I am amazed that someone buying a run of the mill car can not be happy with the tyres that come with the car, in this case michelin. car literally driven off the transporter, all the coloured markings still on the outer tread blocks

Edited by OldRoverboy on 06/12/2011 at 14:28

any - michelin tyres - boggles

Our first Zafira was shod with Michelin Energy tyres. They did 40,000 miles on the front. The second pair, although a slightly different tread were just as good. One rear tyre changed at about 60,000 with a sidewall puncture, the other did about 75000 i think. The new Zafira had Continentals, these were noisy, didn't grip and lasted 14,000 miles on the front. No Michelins available at the time, so Good Year efficient grip fitted. These are lasting well, having done 20,000 up to now. Back to Michelin next time though!

any - michelin tyres - gordonbennet

I wonder if the car came with steel wheels and the buyer ordered some different size alloy wheels making the original set redundant, so long as you got them at a good price well done ORB.

any - michelin tyres - oldroverboy

I wonder if the car came with steel wheels and the buyer ordered some different size alloy wheels making the original set redundant, so long as you got them at a good price well done ORB.

£316.80 inc the dreaded vat, just charged for 4 valves at a not exorbitant £1 each included in price, but no charge for fitting. They say they have 4 more left.... More than £520 the best local alternative, and what is more the alloy rims were very carefully handled, I watched from the viewing area!

The tyres came off a car where the owner wanted continentals.... but maybe someone can work out which vauxhall had 205/60r16 fitted as new?

Edited by OldRoverboy on 07/12/2011 at 11:02

any - michelin tyres - Roly93

Anyone not happy with Michelins was probably carted off to a secure ward in the local NHS trust !

any - michelin tyres - Gotanoldhondar

Yeah but the foods amazing in ere....errrrrr

any - michelin tyres - bathtub tom

I was told that all the original MX5s were imported with steel wheels, allies being fitted by the selling dealer.

Someone could've made a decent income from flogging off the original tyres.

any - michelin tyres - NARU

> I was told that all the original MX5s were imported with steel wheels, allies being fitted by the selling dealer.

That would be an excellent source of winter wheels!

Quite a few cars arrive without locking wheel nuts - at any time there are a number of people selling complete sets of wheelnuts on ebay

Edited by Marlot on 07/12/2011 at 07:41

any - michelin tyres - madf

Bought 4 x Michellin Energy last year when on a" Buy 4 get 25% off "deal..

Good grip even in winter snow and ice.. Quiet.. No problems..

40K miles? At current rates .. 2017...

any - michelin tyres - MikeTorque

My new car came supplied with Michelin Primacy, I had ordered Goodyear, the garage changed them for Goodyear as per order, they sold the Michelin Primacy's as new tyres. The Goodyear's I had ordered were more comfortable & quieter than the Michelin's, personal choice, others may choose Michelin over Goodyear for other reasons, note wrong with that.

Edited by MikeTorque on 07/12/2011 at 18:21

any - michelin tyres - SteveLee

Maybe I should be carted off - I can't stand em - always too hard so there's no feel - especially in the wet.