Ford focus 2007 - Loss of power when braking - kwillis

I've had my 07 focus for about 6 months. Have only noticed in the past few months that there is an intermittent fault when braking - sometimes it loses power when braking in a slow traffic (e.g. stop start). Some times the revs will drop and the car will shudder slightly (almost as if the clutch isn't all the way down, when it is), sometimes the revs will drop and the battery light will flash on, and on a few occasions the revs have dropped and engine has completely cut out. Ford garage can't find any faults with it and haven't been able to replicate the fault. I managed to film the battery light flashing on and revs dropping which I showed them as evidence. They still cannot find a fault when there clearly is one. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have taken it in for testing twice and they still claim there's nothing wrong with it.

Ford focus 2007 - Loss of power when braking - Peter.N.

Petrol or diesel?

Ford focus 2007 - Loss of power when braking - Roly93

If its petrol, could be vacuum leak around brake servo or piping.

Ford focus 2007 - Loss of power when braking - danny p

I've had my 07 focus for about 6 months. Have only noticed in the past few months that there is an intermittent fault when braking - sometimes it loses power when braking in a slow traffic (e.g. stop start). Some times the revs will drop and the car will shudder slightly (almost as if the clutch isn't all the way down, when it is), sometimes the revs will drop and the battery light will flash on, and on a few occasions the revs have dropped and engine has completely cut out. Ford garage can't find any faults with it and haven't been able to replicate the fault. I managed to film the battery light flashing on and revs dropping which I showed them as evidence. They still cannot find a fault when there clearly is one. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have taken it in for testing twice and they still claim there's nothing wrong with it

does the car feel as though its going to cut out when just idling?

Ford focus 2007 - Loss of power when braking - RT

Based on my extensive knowledge of Vauxhalls (!) - I'd hazard a guess at a sticking throttle caused by "gumming" in the throttle barrel - on Vauxhalls I used to remove it by spraying carburettor cleaner down the throttle barrel when the engine was running and being very quick to increase the throttle opening to prevent stalling.

Maybe this Focus is the same?

Ford focus 2007 - Loss of power when braking - mickeybo

The brake light switch has 2 functions on your focus brake lights & acts as a safety device in the event of a problem with the accelerator pedal sensor. Thus a faulty or incorrectly adjusted brake pedal switch can &does lead to power loss when depressing brake pedal Hth Regards Mickeybo