Honda crv ctdi 2007 - Honda mk 3 crv steering rack fault - rich8947

Can anybody help me? I bought a used 57 plate crv ctdi from a Honda dealer, steering always felt a bit odd but at first put it down to the size of vehicle after a few months i noticed the steering wheel was jerking when waiting at a junction on half lock or when going around a round about. I took it to the dealer who diagnosed it as a steering rack fault they replaced the rack under warranty and all was fine, handling was much bettter with no kick back from the steerring wheel. Two and a bit months later the fault has returned and dealer sais it needs another new steering rack! I am very worried this will happen again when the warranty expires and leaves me with a huge bill (the rack alone is £1400) can anybody give me any infomation about this fault and have honda done anything to improve the replacement racks?

Honda crv ctdi 2007 - Honda mk 3 crv steering rack fault - DC143

Hi Mate,

Best people to speak to "Power Steering Services" - give them a ring on 0208 853 3343 for free advice.

Honda crv ctdi 2007 - Honda mk 3 crv steering rack fault - jasper1984
Hi.

Can you tell me if you resolved this issue and what the problem was? I have recently bought an 07 CRV with 72k miles. I am having issues with the steering - it sounds like I am having the same issues you described. There is a kick back through the steering while (when moving and and at stand still). The steering feels very odd; almost like the steering wheel wants to do its own thing.

So far the garage have changed the power steering pump and fitted a new steering rack. The problem went away for a week or so but now it's back. If anything it's worse than it was before they changed the rack.

Did your dealer diagnose any other issues or did the third rack do the trick?

Appreciate any light you can shed on this for me.

Thanks, Craig.
Honda crv ctdi 2007 - Honda mk 3 crv steering rack fault - pugger

Hi Craig

I seem to have a very similar issue I'm trying to resolve. I would really appreciate knowing how you sorted yours out

Thank

David