Skoda Fabia (putitive leastwise) - Can a new car be better value than a fresh second - dieseldogg

Cos, at least if purchasing from the franchised network fresh second hand cars appear to be as dear as poison, mind ...................when I trawled the Autotrader site it was no better as all the fresh cars still appear to be within the dealer network.

Or am I just gettin old and miserly.

(dont answer that last comment)

Skoda Fabia (putitive leastwise) - Can a new car be better value than a fresh second - Bobbin Threadbare

There were some decent deals about on Kia and Hyundai not too long ago that would have made buying a shiny brand new one a better prospect than a 12-24 month old one if I recall correctly. I looked at one of the dinky little ones for my mum.

The last comment is very tempting to answer, Dieseldogg! :-D

Skoda Fabia (putitive leastwise) - Can a new car be better value than a fresh second - RT

If a model is in short supply, for whatever reason, it will push up nearly new prices but equally discounts on new ones will be harder to get.

When I bought my Hyundai Santa Fe earlier this year I got a good deal although I had to wait nearly 3 months for build and shipping - but at the same time the Hyundai autoboxes were in short supply particularly for the iX35 so some buyers were choosing Santa Fe's instead - this pushed the nearly new price right up and at one point I could have got more as p/x than I paid for it - but things have normalised now.

I've no idea whether demand for Skoda Fabia is high or not, compared to production, but excess demand may be the cause.

Skoda Fabia (putitive leastwise) - Can a new car be better value than a fresh second - daveyjp

VAG limit quotas of new cars for the UK. This limit of new supply means when you order a new one you are expected to wait at least 12 weeks.

This lengthy wait keeps dealers stock prices high - it's the opportunity cost of only having to wait a few days, rather than weeks.