Licence revoking - chiperoo.69

Hi

A friend of mine recently had her car seized by the police after they informed her that her licence had been revoked 2yrs ago due to her licence not being surrendered to have endorsements put on it.

Today I was searching for an insurance quote and needed my licence to check codes for endorsements. I realised that I have not changed my licence to my current address and the points I received for speeding in 2009 are not on it. Obviously this is my own fault but I'm unsure what to do now. How can I find out if my licence has been revoked? I'm panicing now as I can really do without having my car seized and think my insurance is probably invalid if that is the case!!

Please help!!

Licence revoking - SlidingPillar

Fair assumption the licence has been revoked.

Get somebody who is covered to park your car on private property - so there is no insurance issue. Then ring DVLA and ask. You might be lucky, but follow their advice.

The car insurance probably still exists, and if you told the insurance company about your points there ought to be no bill. But without a licence, don't chance driving it further.

Licence revoking - cazzano1989

i just found out my licence was revoked in feb for the same reasons luckily i wasnt driving my car. i rand the dvla who said i only have to fill out a d1 form and they will add the points and change my address for free. my insurance was still valid so dont worry about that. i suggest you just fill out a d1 from postoffice you dont need a photo just send ur driving licence with it and its free and theyll update it and itll be back to you within 2 weeks

Licence revoking - ifithelps

Have you a DVLA office near you?

Might be worth gathering together what paperwork you have and calling in to see them.

There is often a queue of motor traders taxing cars, but I've always found the staff helpful.

I tax my car online, but try to do any non-standard business at an office.

Licence revoking - chiperoo.69

Thanks people!

I've not parked my car off road as I'm not the only person insured to drive it. I've sent my driving licence with new address details filled in off to DVLA under advice from 'honest john' and will see what happens...fingers crossed!!