Landrover - any campsites recommended in Austria - injection doc

Hi All

Just planning trip for next year and would like to stop in Austria for a few days on way down to Dolomites with our caravan.

Anyone site experince ? anyone been to this one ? Natterer See 1, 6161, NATTERS, TIROL, Austria

Many thanks

Landrover - any campsites recommended in Austria - xam

I can assure you you wont be disappointed, The camp sites are all excellent as the Austrians cater for tourists,

However, watch out for the police and make sure you are "Legal" in every respect. They do like you to contribute financially (on the spot) to their government, for the slightest of reasons, such as,Spare light bulbs, dayglo Jackets for everyone, Warning triangle, overweight (Car and van) etc.

Landrover - any campsites recommended in Austria - Mike H

However, watch out for the police and make sure you are "Legal" in every respect. They do like you to contribute financially (on the spot) to their government, for the slightest of reasons, such as,Spare light bulbs, dayglo Jackets for everyone, Warning triangle, overweight (Car and van) etc.

Just to clarify as well, the dayglo jackets need to be put on before leaving the vehicle so they need to be accessible from inside.

And you have to carry your licence on you. If you haven't got it physically on your person, you won't be allowed to move your car and will need to go and get it at your own expense.

Can't help with the campsite, but as xam says you are unlikely to be disappointed. I live permanently in the Salzkammergut area of Austria near St. Wolfgang (25 miles east of Salzburg), so if you want any local knowledge on this area, let me know!

Landrover - any campsites recommended in Austria - injection doc

Thanks guy's, i do carry four jackets in the drivers door and have all the kit as required as done the last 20 years in europe but never stayed in Austria. been on weighbridges many times and stopped in germany where they had portable weight platforms I had to drive onto. Few years back I was 1KG under my MGW ! Phew I knew then it was a money generator but i was ok.

Finding a campsite on recommendations often helps but I'm sure I wont be dissapointed. Always had very good sites in France , Spain & Italy, german ones can tend to be a bit regimental, but look forard to trying Austria sites