VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - mary123

I wondered if anyone could help. My son has had a NIP for speeding in a temp speed limit on the motorway, which may mean 6 points or up to 56 days disqualification. As he is 181/2 and only driving 15 months, the 6 points mean licence is revoked. Does anyone know which would be worse for his insurance? I know it will be horrible either way, but wondered if any difference?

VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - Cris_on_the_gas

What was the speed limit and what was the speed of the vehicle ?

VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - mary123

it was a temporary speed limit of 50 on the motorway and the vehicle was 79 on speed cameras. Guidelines look like 6 points or disqualification of up to 56 days.

VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - Cris_on_the_gas

clocked at 79, then the car speedo probaly reading 85.

time to take the wrap, when licence returns thing about Pass Plus or the IAM.

VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - Falkirk Bairn

I wondered if anyone could help. My son has had a NIP for speeding in a temp speed limit on the motorway, which may mean 6 points or up to 56 days disqualification. As he is 181/2 and only driving 15 months, the 6 points mean licence is revoked. Does anyone know which would be worse for his insurance? I know it will be horrible either way, but wondered if any difference?

YES and bigtime - 79 in a 50 limit! he might find difficulty getting many Ins Cos to quote come renewal time

VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - Armitage Shanks {p}

Not sure of the legal terminology but I think that licence revoked implies having to take a new driving test before the licence will be re-issued

VW polo - Disqulaification or revocation as new driver - rtj70

If he gets the six points (Age is irrelevant) then he will be back to provisional status. He will have to retake the tests again. Sounds like he should. 79mph in a 50mph limit! The usual 10% + 2mph rule means he was only just in the limit for the road anyway and likely to have seen an indicated speed above 85mph.

So if a temp ban is possible for 56 days it might be better. But the magistrates are likely to impose the 6 points (or whatever they will be) knowing that takes the driver back to effectively learner status.

And the moral is.... you are on probation for 2 years when driving. So driving at 80mph in a 50mph limit is asking for problems.

And unforuntately for him the points will effect insurance for 5 years.