Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - GeorgeRaffter

Hi

Just ran an RAC HPI check on an 08 Volkswagen Passat we're due to test drive later today and it came back with this alert:

Plate Transfer

The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 19/06/2011
M80JBL was applied to this vehicle on 03/02/2011
This VRM has been recorded as having an outstanding finance agreement
An outstanding finance agreement was recorded on 28/07/2011 against a 14 IVTEC TYPE S 3DR 09
OY08ZDF was applied to this vehicle on 11/04/2008
There are no interests recorded against OY08ZDF

Am I right in reading this as a M80JBL plate was transfered to the Passat in Feb this year. In June the original plate was transfered back to the Passat and in July the M80JBL plate, which is now on a Honda Civic VTEC that has outstanding finance?

And if so can I get this alert removed from the Passat record?

Thanks

Edited by GeorgeRaffter on 15/10/2011 at 11:10

Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - oldroverboy

Assuming it is from a dealer, get them to ring the finance company, also having the chassis number to hand. As usual too, if in doubt walk away. By the way make sure you get a decent warranty where the selling dealer is responsible for repairs considering the car is now out of manufacturer warranrty, but not as much of a problem if you are buying it from a vag dealer. personally i wouldn't buy one of these cars outside the dealer network.

Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - GeorgeRaffter

It's from a dealer who's offering a free 3 month warranty.

Thanks, will ask them to call the finance company.

Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - oldroverboy

It's from a dealer who's offering a free 3 month warranty.

Thanks, will ask them to call the finance company.

3 month warranty doesn't mean any thing , either the car is for peanuts or do not sign the 3 month warranrt, the "dealer will say that you have given up your rights under the sale of goods act" it is obviously not a vag dealer as you would get 1 year. WALK AWAY!

Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - madf

Lazy dealer can't be bothered to solve a problem on a car he's selling.. Go elsewhere. Lots more around.

I apply that rigoroously and also avoid buying from liars attempting to restrict your legal rights.

People like that are scum. (and I use the word advisedly - there is no need for them to lie)

Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - pd

Lazy dealer can't be bothered to solve a problem on a car he's selling.. Go elsewhere. Lots more around.

I apply that rigoroously and also avoid buying from liars attempting to restrict your legal rights.

People like that are scum. (and I use the word advisedly - there is no need for them to lie)

Utter rubbish. That is standard HPI practice and how it works for any car and cannot be removed. It is just how HPI report it. If a plate which has ever been on a car has any finance or write offs against it even if it was on a MGB in 1977 and we're now talking about a DB9 in 2010 it will still report it.

As long as there is nothing on the CURRENT plate on the CURRENT car you are buying there is no issue. A huge percentage of cars have reports like this, particularly on cars which tend to have private plates.

From what the OP has posted the car he is looking at is clear. The dealer has done nothing wrong and it cannot be removed as it does not apply to the current car - it is merely there for information.

Volkswagen Passat - HPI: Interest registered against a previous plate - madf

It may be utter rubbish but If I was the buyer , that's what I would do.

Life does not have to be so complex.

It may be utter rubbish but If I was the buyer , that's what I would do.

Life does not have to be so complex.

You accused the dealer of not being bothered to solve an HPI issue but there is no issue. You just don't understand how HPI reports work. There is nothing to solve.

Am I right in reading this as a M80JBL plate was transfered to the Passat in Feb this year. In June the original plate was transfered back to the Passat and in July the M80JBL plate, which is now on a Honda Civic VTEC that has outstanding finance?

Thanks

Yes, you are reading it right. There is nothing against the Passat. You cannot remove it as there is nothing to remove - HPI always report all previous plates and any write offs or finance against them before or after the plate was on the car concerned. With the number of private plates around many HPI checks come up like this.

Only HPI seem to report them, others like Experian etc. seem not to.