Megane Scenic RX4 - Alfafan {P}
My brother in law bought one of these on contract hire about 6 months ago. He's not very mechanically minded. On Saturday while returning from Scotland, he commented that whenever he hit a patch of water, the car "felt like it was on skates". My first thought (before I knew the age of the car)was worn tyres and aquaplaning. However, I told him to contact the dealer ASAP.

The Service Manager's reply (yesterday) was "Funny you should mention that. Another customer's just told me of the same problem." The upshot was that the SM was going to speak to Renault about it. Something was mentioned about possible problems with the 4WD.

Haven't heard any more yet, but I was wondering if any Backroomers (or HJ) had heard of anything similar?
Megane Scenic RX4 - the conductor
my brother has one of these rx4's and has just had to replace the tyres at 13000 miles. after speaking to local regie dealer (whitehouse tonbridge kent) was advised to only fit oe spec michelin tyres as they had a customer fit cheaper pirellis and found the car terrible to drive. apparantly oe tyres were developed specially for rx4. bear in mind that the rx4 is NOT permantent 4wd only when the traction control system thinks you will need it.
Megane Scenic RX4 - Alfafan {P}
Thanks Conductor, I was not aware of this. Just after I read your message, B-I-L phoned to say he'd discovered a switch under the dash which was to activate/de-activate the stability control programme. He's switched it on, but isn't yet convinced it's working. The appaling thing is that the Renault dealer's service manager appeared to be unaware of its existence.