Omega MV6 baffles loose - smokie
Still thinking about getting the Halford's Stainless Steel Exhaust. This is propmted by growly noise when revs are dropping which Dougie (my mech) says is a loose baffle somewhere central under the car.

He says save the money and just put up with the noise for as long as poss, no harm will come.

Anyone dispute that? Are the cats in any danger as a result? Will the whole lot drop off one day on at a most inconvenient moment?

Have been quoted £94 per section for standard exhaust (fitted) and Halfords SS will be about £400 plus fitting.
Omega MV6 baffles loose - Crombster
I had a Powerflow Stainless Steel system made for my V6 Omega which I am very happy. That worked out at £360 fitted with a lifetime guarantee.

A little unsure if anything untoward would happen should you continue with your exhaust. I guess it depends how blocked the pipes. Is it a V6?

Omega MV6 baffles loose - smokie
Yes, the MV6 (same as yours...?).

I phoned round some companies and apart from your one (in Edinburgh!) Halfords were by far the cheapest. But if the baffles are not life threatening, at least I can wait until Christmas is off the credit cards before I get it
Omega MV6 baffles loose - Dave N
Don't forget there's different grades of stainless, and some do corrode.
Omega MV6 baffles loose - Dizzy {P}
Smokie,

Dave N and I have both suffered corrosion with lower spec stainless steel systems. For info on the different qualities see www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=55...3