Pegeot 307 5 Dr AC 110HDI - New Car - which one Pug 307, has got to go... - Rocketman

Hi,

Mrs has got the above car , now around 98K Miles. Very shortly due a service and if I'm not wrong also due a cam belt???

Q's

1 Any one know the mileage for cam belt change??

2 Is it worth it (financially) to get it done to sell i??

3 Could anyone suggest a suitable replacement for this? It's about the right size and reasonably economical. Need some thing similar but with a better reliability record and if possible, better fuel econcomy. Looked at Audi A3 but they are probably just out side our budget and seen used with 70K miles for £10K. Don't want new but around 1-2 years old budget around £9K, might push it to £10.

Thanks in advance

Pegeot 307 5 Dr AC 110HDI - New Car - which one Pug 307, has got to go... - dereckr

You don’t give any indication of the age of the 307, or whether this has the original 2 litre or the later 1.6 (both are designated Hdi 110). The 2 litre unit in my Citroen (same engine) has a change interval of 100k miles. It’s on it’s third belt now having reached 205k.

Both these engines should return a genuine 50mpg without trying, so engine life and economy are not reasons to change the vehicle.

But if it’s got to go, I wouldn’t bother changing the belt first. You would be unlikely to recover all the cost in the increased PX value. If you sell privately, just set the price accordingly.

Pegeot 307 5 Dr AC 110HDI - New Car - which one Pug 307, has got to go... - Rocketman

Thanks dereckr, oops... your're correct, it's the 1.6 version. Thanks for your advice...

Pegeot 307 5 Dr AC 110HDI - New Car - which one Pug 307, has got to go... - Avant

If you like the A3, a mechanically identical VW Golf will be cheaper, and an equivalent Skoda or SEAT even more so.

A diesel will give you similar or better fuel economy, but unless your annual mileage is over about 15,000, consider a petrol: it may use more fuel but it'll cost you less in the first place, even buying used.