Chevrolet. - Service Parts availability - oldroverboy

I wanted to get the air/oil/fuel filters from my local dealer who is the only one for 70 miles, so having driven there, found out much to my disgust no air filters in stock, and this is a filter that filts multiple vauxhalls and chevrolets. Did not bother to get the other two as I already had an original oil filter and the fuel filter not necessary at this service, However having done 10000 miles since the last service went to the motor factors nearby who had one in stock, (ORDERED BY AND RETURNED FROM THE MAIN DEALER!)

So on top of not having the parts they would have got it from the factors (cheaper) and then invoiced me chevrolet prices!

In future one less customer for chevrolet service parts too!

Chevrolet. - Service Parts availability - jamie745

When i needed to get a part for a Daewoo i had for sale i went to the nearest Vauxhall dealership as i knew most of the parts were essentially the same and success! Have you tried any other GM derived dealership?

Chevrolet. - Service Parts availability - justadriver

Hi jamie, the dealer in question is a vauxhall/saab/chevrolet/toyota dealer, and the vauxhall part (not in stock) would have cost double the chevrolet part! God only knows what it would cost with a saab sticker,

What Hisses me off is that they apparently get (some) service parts from a motor factors close by! this particulat filter fits a lot of cars!

Edited by justadriver on 29/09/2011 at 21:21

Chevrolet. - Service Parts availability - jamie745

Badge engineering their parts as well. How does this company still exist?