peugeot 307 2.0 hdi - HELP lots of white grey smoke peugeot diesel - i love moggy minors

i have a 2003 peugeot 307 diesel that smokes the road out with whitish grey smoke. theres no coolant loss, it starts easy, theres no loss of power and the turbo appears to be working when you start it up theres no smoke at all however this changes quickly to a fog even whilst on tickover its smoking. ive dropped some injector cleaner in and given it a well overdue oil change.and considered putting some new injectors in but at £500 a pop i dont want to unless i have to. please help folks anyone have any ideas but not too technical please as my username gives away my level of mechanical knowledge

peugeot 307 2.0 hdi - HELP lots of white grey smoke peugeot diesel - madf

You may have a failed glowplug . That cylinder will not burn fuel fully when cold.. hence the smoke.

Test? remove each in turn and test.

Edited by madf on 16/09/2011 at 14:53

peugeot 307 2.0 hdi - HELP lots of white grey smoke peugeot diesel - Peter.N.

If it is smoking continually I suspect that you have failed oil seals in the turbo.

peugeot 307 2.0 hdi - HELP lots of white grey smoke peugeot diesel - i love moggy minors

thankyou im prepared to try anything

thanks for that will give it a go