Heat/water problem on 94 Corsa SRi - D-8valve
Hi... I purchased a 94 Corsa SRi (8 valve) about 9 months ago - in recent months i have noticed it has begun to loose water. In addition to this an oily yellow mixture began appearing round the oil filler cap. A local mechanic suspected a damaged head gasket, however before i commited i flushed the cooling system, refilled and only minor water loss, with no more yellow gunk in the rocker box cover, so i suspected an airlock and thought nothing more of it.

Last night - i noticed the engine temperature gauge seemed almost stuck between the rest pin and the 90 marker, the same toda, it has until now run at 90 or there abouts. The needle falls when the engine is stopped so its not stuck there. There is now more yellow gunk in the top cover than before, no noticeable water loss however - and even when i leave the engine running with the car sat still, the needle will not rise to 90, previously it would take about 5 minutes before the temp had risen enough for the fan to kick in. The heater now blows warmish air, but not quite as warm as it used to! Another air lock? Or something more expensive?? Help?!?! Many thanks...