Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 TDCI 56 - Loss of Power following Fuel Filter Change - wolfmeister

Hi hope someone can help, i'm having problems with our Focus after servicing last week.
Followed haynes guide for changing Fuel Filter ( Or so i thought) removed connectors etc replaced filter etc reconnected etc nothing. Then realised the Haynes book mentions right at the end system needs to be reprimed.

After googling found refilling filter with diesel helps tried this, fired after a couple of attempts then dies again. Dashboard said there was an engine management fault.

Any way called my mechanic mate, who said it should be self priming. However eventually we got it going by bleeding by loosing of the the injectors.

Now after a couple of days there is a distinct loss of power, particularly accelerating.

Is there still air in the system? Does is still need presurrising? There is no error message on dashboard.

I've just ordered a draper diesel priming tool off amazon.

Can anyone advise?

Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 TDCI 56 - Loss of Power following Fuel Filter Change - piston power

It may be sucking some air in, was it a pig to remove have you loosened any pipes or fuel hose connectors?

Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 TDCI 56 - Loss of Power following Fuel Filter Change - Collos25

The only way to bleed the system was by removing the injectors - the mind boggles you have probably created your own air leaks.