Ford Focus - Reputable garage damaged car engine - name of road

I took my car to my local Ford garage for a cambelt change and they did not fit it correctly and destroyed a perfectly good engine. The garage admit liability, what are my legal rights?

Ford Focus - Reputable garage damaged car engine - drogers

sue the garage

also get a big placard with something short and true and harmful to the garage and stand outside the garage on a saturday

Ford Focus - Reputable garage damaged car engine - Avant

I'm sorry nobody replied to this a year ago. But for anyone else in the position - if the garage admits liabilty, be glad, stay polite and let them get on with doing the work at their own expense.

Ford Focus - Reputable garage damaged car engine - skidpan

What would be the point in taking them to court. You would look very silly. The garage have admitted liabilty and agreed to put things right, since they are a "reputable" garage let them sort it.

We all make misatkes occationally, what matters is how we put things right.

Some years ago wifes car need new gearbox bearings, within a week gearbox stuck in reverse. Turned out the reverse light switch had not been fitted correctly which mean't another strip. Garage put it right, no argument, we were happy and continued to use them.

Ford Focus - Reputable garage damaged car engine - skyme

NICE THING THEY ADMITTED. EVERY ONE DOES MISTAKE. ITS VERY HARD TO FIND PEOPLE TO ADMIT THEIR FAULT AND CORRECT IT. I WOULD LET THEM CORRECT IT AND SAY SO MANY THANKS TO ENCOURAGE THEM ADMIT THEIR FAULT ALWAYS.

THERES NO POINT TO TAKE THEM TO COURT, THAT WILL BE A LAUGHING MATTER WHEN SOMEONE ALREADY ADMITTED AND READY TO CORRECT IT, AND THAT WOULD DISCOURAGE THEM NEXT TIME TO ADMIT TO OTHER CUSTOMERS.

Ford Focus - Reputable garage damaged car engine - thunderbird

Totally agree with skidpan and skyme.