audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - jane77

I bought a '07 audi from an Arnold Clark centre and did not notice that one door panel has been resprayed. When inspecting the car it was not noticeable - prob because of rain and white polish marks on all surfaces. Does anyone know where I stand with this bad situation? Do I have comeback with the dealer? Can I get it 'fixed'?

audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - pd

To be honest a resprayed panel is neither here not there on an 07 car. It can't be that noticable otherwise you'd have seen it.

You'd be relying on the goodwill of the dealer for anything to be done. If the respray is that bad the only way to "fix" it is to get it done again.

audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - Avant

I agree with PD. If you're sure it's only one door panel that's been resprayed, that suggests that the accident was confined to that door - perhaps no more than a car park ding.

That said, there's nothing to be lost in asking the dealer, if the respray has been done so poorly as to be noticeable.

audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - bathtub tom

I had a car with one door slightly different to the others. The consensus of opinion was probably factory rectification from new.

audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - piggy

The moral of the story is to never inspect a car in the rain or under artificial light. Remeber,an 07 car is going on for 4years old,it`s bound to have the odd ding.

audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - TeeCee

I had a car with one door slightly different to the others. The consensus of opinion was probably factory rectification from new.

Probably correct too. Some years back I was having a panel sprayed and was suprised to see a couple of new cars lacking plates in the place. When I asked, they said that most of their bread-and-butter work was recitifying dings and scrapes picked up by new vehicles in delivery, spraying bumpers and mirrors the same colour as the rest of the car as dealer options, that sort of thing....

audi a4 - car with resprayed panel noticed after purchase - Roly93

I had a similar situation recently with an 8 month old Audi A4. When I inspected it everything was as-new. But when I saw the other side of the bumper in shade as opposed to bright sunlight there is clearly a poor match.

I hassled the sales manager at the dealer about this but ultimately all they came up with was that Audi corp signed off the minor smart repair prior to shipping the car out and thats that. As I'm a busy guy I didnt push it any further as the rest of the car is 101%, but they fobbed me of ....