nissan x-Trail 2002 - oil pump failure - dianne1966

my parents have an xtrail 2002 , has bout 150,000 klms on the clock ,been driving wonderfully , but all of a sudden became noisy , pulled straight up and checked all the neccessary things oil levels water levels, and electrics. then called the roadside service(we live in australia) ... they checked said il levels, which were showing full on the dipstick.. towed in to mechanics.. his first impression is that is oil pump not working , our problem is being a side to side motor looking at $1000 to pull it down just to confirm if it is oil pump.

have u ever known of a problem with oil pumps in the xtrail?

as my aprents have only owned this car for less than 12 mths and not been driven alot of kilometres...we are trying to talk to n issan about paying for the work to find out ...are these cars known for this sort of problem ? is it a manufacturing problem ? how can we find out what is wrong with out having to pay a fortune in costs...any thing you have to help would be appreciated...

kind regards

dianne

nissan x-Trail 2002 - oil pump failure - Dwight Van Driver

Your not the only one

http://www.pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5930

Use keyword - Nissan Oil pump failure - for other gems

dvd

nissan x-Trail 2002 - oil pump failure - carr

The "Nissan Oil pump failure" posts on pcoa all relate to the ST Navara.

The Navara has a terrible reputation compared to the X-Trail.

nissan x-Trail 2002 - oil pump failure - Ethan Edwards

The OP dosn't say if it's a Petrol or Diesel. I believe the early TD had turbo issues if they weren't looked after. Pretty reliable car..has some issues but not the oil pump.