Xsara HDI 110 - volcane
I am about to trade my much loved ZX Volcane td for a Xsara hdi. The volcane has been great and probably the best car I've ever had.
The new car is 18 months old has 40k miles with fsh. Its an sx so has a few more gadgets. What should I look out for, I'll be doing the deal this weekend. The car is costing 6.5k along with the volcane from a citroen dealer. How does the xsara compare with other cars around that price?
Has anyone bought a 110 xsara? I hope to put at least 150k miles on it and keep it for 4 years.
Xsara HDI 110 - Baskerville
I test drove a brand new Xsara 90 SX estate a few weeks ago, and they "only" wanted 10,000-ish for it (can't remember exactly), so are you paying too much? It seemed pretty well screwed together and there were lots of toys, but it was a bit cramped and dark. After your ZX, I think you'll be disappointed with the space, especially the headroom in the back and even more so if you are buying the saloon/hatch. It drove very nicely and the 90bhp engine was plenty (2500 revs at 70mph is very relaxing), so the 110 would be excellent. The ride was a bit hard I thought. Having said that I stepped out of a properly functioning BX into the Xsara, so it was bound to feel harsh I suppose. Pretty much anything this side of a CX would.
Xsara HDI 110 - DavidHM
If the ZX Volcane is, say, a 93L with 150k on it, then £800 would be a very good trade in offer. Even a diesel, at that age and mileage, would be difficult to sell on, especially as ZXs aren't nearly as popular as they deserve to be.

As there are no Xsara 110s in Autotrader under £8k, then it sounds like a good deal, especially if it's going to be run into the ground for resale purposes. (£1000 if you're lucky at 6 years and 150k!)
Xsara HDI 110 - Citroënian {P}
>£1000 if you're lucky at 6 years and 150k!

Six years, 150k? Give me a call, I might well be interested!

Hope you enjoy the Xsara, I really miss my old volcane, superb car.

Lee.
Xsara HDI 110 - volcane
The xsara is to be ready for collection next week. I think I have got a fair price, its a colour I like, its available now and its from a very reputable dealer(I hope!). I will have to change driving style but thats maybe not a bad thing.
I'm surprised that the car is fitted with a casette player although it does have an autochanger. I would like to change the head unit for an MP3 capable machine which also has an aux line in (for an ipod). Does anyone know about upgrades for a xsara with steering wheel mounted remote??

The motoring mags all give the xsara a hard time and few have anything good to say about it, I hope it is as good as first impressions.
Xsara HDI 110 - Ben79
I'd take a look at autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/c5-L/ as the radio and multiplex system in a new Xsara is the same as the C5. I'd be tempted just to burn a few MP3's onto cd in the regular audio format.

The Xsara gets a lot of criticism from magazines for its ride and handling, i.e not as sporty as a Focus or 306, but the truth is that you learn to appreciate the Xsara's fine ride. I have the 1.4 petrol and it makes me smile, the Xsara has in my opinion a near perfect driving position and very balanced chassis and steering.

I presume you are getting the SX model if there is an autochanger. You are getting a very capable mile munching car. It will grow and grow on you. It is the little things I like, the seperately lockable boot and glovebox, the height adjustable mirror, straps in the boot and it sounds silly, but the 4 spoke steering wheel. It is just an easy agreeable car.

Apparantly the HDI engines take up to 10,000 miles to fully bed-in, dad's Picasso HDI feels a lot looser at 3,000 miles and is a treat to drive.

Ben
Xsara HDI 110 - Ben79
I think I am right in saying that brand new Xsara 90 SX Estates aren't made, only LX trim.
Xsara HDI 110 - Micky
110HDi engine is excellent, bit "flat" until it loosens up, Pulls from idle, mid-range power/torque for overtaking without gearchanging and - surprising for a diessall - it can be revved.

Rest of the car is no better than the opposition, but not much worse either.
Xsara HDI 110 - Ben79
Door locks can be a bit funny, but then they aren't horrendously expensive.

I find that the car eats pollen filters, i.e. they are filthy by 6 months.