Honda CRV 2007 EX CDTi - 2007 CRV Dashboard Paint ! - Technojunky
I recently got into my wifes CRV (2007 EX Manual) and noticed a couple of marks on the passenger side of the dashboard on the piece of trim next to the SatNav screen. I tried to remove one of the marks by scratching it with my fingernail but it would not budge. Thinking that it was just a stubborn mark I put a small amount of white sprit onto a clean cloth and rubbed the mark. This is when I realised that, whatever the mark was, it had already broken the paint layer sprayed onto the piece of trim and as I rubbed it paint was coming off onto the cloth. I stopped immediately but was left with a black mark the size of the original mark with the surrounding area a slightly lighter silver grey.

Basically the black mark is the base plastic colour of the trim before it is sprayed. I was quite shocked at how easily the paint came off and would have expected a dried spray paint to have been far more durable.

I now want to touch up the exposed black area on the dashboard trim but have no idea of the colour Honda use to spray the dashboard plastic trim parts of the new CRV and if the paints even available to purchase. It looks like a light gun metal colour but it also appears to have a metallic silver base coat.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by WellKnownSid on 19/07/2011 at 19:56

Honda CRV 2007 EX CDTi - 2007 CRV Dashboard Paint ! - Victorbox

Probably a £50 minimum charge for a smart repair outfit or get a motor factor with some colour match cards to match and make up a can for you.

Edited by Victorbox on 19/07/2011 at 20:59

Honda CRV 2007 EX CDTi - 2007 CRV Dashboard Paint ! - Technojunky

Thanks for the post Victorbox.

I've found out that the Honda paint code for the damaged piece of trim is NH644L but, typically, Honda do not supply touch-up paint for the internal trim panels !

I guess a motor factor is my only possible hope.

Honda CRV 2007 EX CDTi - 2007 CRV Dashboard Paint ! - gordonbennet

Discreet sticker over it till you need some bodywork touching up done, then get a handy little bodyshop/smart repairer to touch it in for you at the same time.

I'd have thought a smart repairer would be able to do especially now you have the paint code, just it'll be a bit expensive if it's the only job on the car.